New standard for your helmet

CE is a safety mark, it does not need copyright protection, anything that is deemed to be displaying a CE safety mark without certification can and will be prosecuted, worst case it ends up at European Court where there is 0 chance that anyone is going to get away with it.

13 minutes ago, Bender said:

CE is a safety mark, it does not need copyright protection, anything that is deemed to be displaying a CE safety mark without certification can and will be prosecuted, worst case it ends up at European Court where there is 0 chance that anyone is going to get away with it.

From our experience it will end up as EU case number 476,998 and they have only got to case 197,426 ... yours will be held in July 2189 .... ...

I have an IPR case with the EU after i am dead !!  But it did allow a "Cease and Desist" order to be brought ... which has worked so far ... 

Edited by Trooper74

24 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

From our experience it will end up as EU case number 476,998 and they have only got to case 197,426 ... yours will be held in July 2189 .... ...

I have an IPR case with the EU after i am dead !!  But it did allow a "Cease and Desist" order to be brought ... which has worked so far ... 

Its down to local country enforcement first off, and everyone likes issuing fines.

Thanks for the tip I'd never even heard of sharp rating so I checked my current one and it had a pitiful 2 stars ! So just bought  a new one that has a 5 star rating for a reasonable  £60 For my daily work commute which rarely sees me above 30mph

• Like 2

12 hours ago, geofferz said:

This is preposterous. You are defending something that is imitating a product that has been manufacturered to a good standard, in this case PPE. There are indeed no international copyright laws (certainly not recognised by China lol) so no, it's can't be illegal, you're right. 

I'm guessing you might have a connection to China? No problem with them here, but ppe should not be messed with. 

Now you are just being ridiculous!!!

I'm pointing the fact that CE is not a trademark symbol therefore isn't illegal to use similar symbols.

If you read my post properly you will find that I mention that is not acceptable.

The last thing China needs is anybody to defend them neither I have any intention to take that job (even if well paid). Again, I'm solely stating that regardless of being morally incorrect using C E instead of CE as China Export symbol is just another demonstration of China's aggressive marketing attitude but this is not illegal.

Just to make it clear, I have a great admiration for the Japanese culture and people in general, recognise and admire most of Asian history but as ALL european countries, lots of skeletons in the cupboards.

4 hours ago, husoi said:

Now you are just being ridiculous!!!

I'm pointing the fact that CE is not a trademark symbol therefore isn't illegal to use similar symbols.

If you read my post properly you will find that I mention that is not acceptable.

The last thing China needs is anybody to defend them neither I have any intention to take that job (even if well paid). Again, I'm solely stating that regardless of being morally incorrect using C E instead of CE as China Export symbol is just another demonstration of China's aggressive marketing attitude but this is not illegal.

Just to make it clear, I have a great admiration for the Japanese culture and people in general, recognise and admire most of Asian history but as ALL european countries, lots of skeletons in the cupboards.

Don't think there is any country anywhere that has no skeletons in its cupboard. Modern China  though has a few more recent black marks than most.

9 hours ago, husoi said:

China have recent fresh ones, US have them, Brazil, Australia, UK France...

Any major economy around that doesn't?

Nope, and you don't need to be a major economy either - Syria  and Rwanda  for starters.

Helmets are tested by dropping from approx 2 m, simulating fall from bike.

Not tested for impact of 30, 40, 50 mph.

price does not guaranty quality, however I would not buy Chinese at least not for next 10 years.

Maybe one day they will improve as they did with many other things

20 years ago who was buying HJC,,Scorpin etc