What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

3 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I think you need new sprockets and chain. Get a nice shiny gold coloured DID chain. 

I thought so too, generally do garages stock chains and sprockets or is it generally that they don't and they'll need the order it in

11 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

It's definitely worn but it's not worn out completely. If you are getting your mechanic to change them they will have to order them in.

Ah okay, might as well order it myself then. Possibly try my own hand at it.

28 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

It's definitely worn but it's not worn out completely. If you are getting your mechanic to change them they will have to order them in.

46 minutes ago, Mickly said:

You think ??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I think you need new sprockets and chain. Get a nice shiny gold coloured DID chain. 

Bought this set for 98.95 which I think is a really good deal? Didn't find anything below 130 gbp really.. 

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 18.04.33.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, peepae said:

Ah okay, might as well order it myself then. Possibly try my own hand at it.

Bare in mind you will need a chain splitting and riveting tool to do the job. Some people like to have all the tools and do all the jobs, others just pay for what they can't comfortably do themselves.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Bare in mind you will need a chain splitting and riveting tool to do the job. Some people like to have all the tools and do all the jobs, others just pay for what they can't comfortably do themselves.

I have all the tools I need, and a rear stand but the comfortable part is the problem - and every time I've tried to do something I've had to bring it in anyway and it was worse than if I came in beforehand 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peepae said:

I have all the tools I need, and a rear stand but the comfortable part is the problem - and every time I've tried to do something I've had to bring it in anyway and it was worse than if I came in beforehand 🤣

Once had to send my bike in along with a cardboard box of bits. 😳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bonio said:

Once had to send my bike in along with a cardboard box of bits. 😳

I get alot of those,  this 2002 VTR1000 turned up from Southampton the other day,  luckily I normally only have to get motor's running,😂

2002 model with 6500miles been stored since 2009, near mint condition, mind you still has original front tyre date stamped 2001!!!!!

20231125_121449.jpg

20231201_145127.jpg

20231201_145139.jpg

Edited by oldgrump
added a few bits
  • Like 2

T

11 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Looks great !

Does the 380 run ok?

Cheers

Ian

The Gt380 runs well. Not set timing up dead on , but reckon it would pull a ton. Quiet engine , not usual rattles. Thinking of selling not sure yet. Bought it semi restored and got it completed. It's not a full resto just few things done

Edited by Stingy1

Really struggling to fit OEM heated grips to the CBR650R - my problem that I hope someone can help me with is that I cannot get the two ends of the throttle cable into the end of the throttle tube - there is not enough slack in the cable.

I have wound the adjuster all the way in (and out) to create as much throttle free play (cable slack) as possible, but I just can;t get the cable into the grooves in the new throttle tube, even with the throttle tube off the bars and flopping around on the end of the cables.

What is the technique as none of the youtube tutorials cover this bit, they just refit them.

I'm stuck at 4m 40s on this video....  (same as CBR650R).

There's no easy access to the throttle body end to create slack there and nor does any instructions or manuals suggest this is necessary. I don't want to force it over the plastic housing and logic says that if it came off, it should go back on, but 3 hours later and I'm stumped.

EDIT - Had a cup of tea, went back out and it slipped straight on. Frustratingly I don't know what I did differently, but at least it's on.

Edited by Interference Fit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RideWithStyles said:

Sooo jealous 

Nobody needs to be jealous...anyone can get what they want. It's a state of mind. Remember , even people born into money shit on the bog. Walk down any street, see a big house , big car, they are no different to yourself. If they can have it, so can you. Just go out and do what it takes to get what you want. Go self employed, decide what you are worth. Don't be a mug employee with a "Boss" that decides what your life is worth per yr. To be a puppet. You want a Ducati? Go get it! 

New Tyre time again 

Battlax T31 on the CB500X as it will never intentionally go off road :-) 

Was looking for something that will last a bit as the Original Dunlop Mix trail were done afterabout 6k miles

Waiting for the weather to clear up a little to test them out 

Tyres for CB500X.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bianco2564 said:

Good to see another 380. 

This is mine, owned since 1996.

20200905_120925_copy_2000x1500.jpg

I would only see mine gone if I had a swap in my favour. Maybe a 749 Ducati or zx7r etc. But prob keep always. The reason I got it , half in bits , was the nostalgia of free times and the smell. You can't get that with an s1000r BMW. Mine takes me back to grinning trying to get to a ton , albeit on a knackered 250 in 1986. 

2 hours ago, Stingy1 said:

I would only see mine gone if I had a swap in my favour. Maybe a 749 Ducati or zx7r etc. But prob keep always. The reason I got it , half in bits , was the nostalgia of free times and the smell. You can't get that with an s1000r BMW. Mine takes me back to grinning trying to get to a ton , albeit on a knackered 250 in 1986. 

I owned one when I was 18 in 1982 so very attached to mine.

The noise and smell of them does take you back....

• Like 1