A map of twisties or an app?

Pbassred

Is there a map of fun roads. Alternatively, is there a navigation app that saves and shares them? I tried Riser but it doesn't know the difference between a twisty and a council estate.

I've never used it but try this https://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/country/united-kingdom I have a tomtom rider and you can set the route to your tastes, not sure if tomtom do a separate app??

Beat me to it by three minutes. Looks interesting and took 30 seconds to discover . 😉

BBR is better than nothing, but it's good to be aware of its weaknesses - people have uploaded all kinds of routes they've done, whether they were any good or not. To get the best out of BBR, you need to look beyond the map, and go click on each road you're interested in and read what the person said. Too often it's something like "lot of boring straights but it got me to my Mum's in time for lunch".

The Bikers' Britain books are excellent - I've never followed one of their routes and been disappointed.

There are some apps like kurviger that will find twisty routes for you, but to me there are a lot of ingredients to a good road - sight lines, traffic, road surface - as well as bends', and I've not found the apps to be a replacement for local knowledge.

Edited by bonio

As above & calimoto is good but watch out for when it chooses a ' lane' unless you're ok with single tracks, I always check out the lanes it suggests on street view, It doesn't take long. :thumb:

I've never used it but try this https://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/country/united-kingdom I have a tomtom rider and you can set the route to your tastes, not sure if tomtom do a separate app??

Beat me to it by three minutes. Looks interesting and took 30 seconds to discover . 😉

I had the shortcut to it in my faves but never used it, looks pretty good though :thumb: