Sena Ride Connected App

I looked at the sena camera and decided against it, I got a drift, although the mounting and recording are great it now refuses to charge, an issue I had under warranty, it was sent away, Checked, firmware upgraded and guess what, still won't charge, so sena don't have the shit camera market all to them selves.

Do you use it in DVR mode? If you do, you need to switch DVR mode off if you want to charge it. I have no idea why it was designed like that, but that's how it works :roll:

I looked at the sena camera and decided against it, I got a drift, although the mounting and recording are great it now refuses to charge, an issue I had under warranty, it was sent away, Checked, firmware upgraded and guess what, still won't charge, so sena don't have the shit camera market all to them selves.

Do you use it in DVR mode? If you do, you need to switch DVR mode off if you want to charge it. I have no idea why it was designed like that, but that's how it works :roll:

Thanks but, Nah its just fooked.

Great topic. I was wondering how to keep in touch with my partner when we are travelling, me on the bike and her in the car. Obviously I want some kind of always on intercom, can't ring her up when I'm at a roundabout and can't see which way she went...I am going to try out helmchat, that may be the solution

You need a sat nav!

I have one for sale :popcorn:

:lol:

Very kind offer but I don't Stu. I need an intercom system that I can use with a car driver, without them having to wear a headset

Great topic. I was wondering how to keep in touch with my partner when we are travelling, me on the bike and her in the car. Obviously I want some kind of always on intercom, can't ring her up when I'm at a roundabout and can't see which way she went...I am going to try out helmchat, that may be the solution

You need a sat nav!

I have one for sale :popcorn:

:lol:

Very kind offer but I don't Stu. I need an intercom system that I can use with a car driver, without them having to wear a headset

Most headsets allow a different mic and speakers to be attached so there could be ways to make it work

just out of curiosity i googled and found :lol:

Is CB radio still used in UK?

Although the use of CB radios in the UK has declined from its peak, it is still popular, especially with the farming community, Land Rover owners and Mini-Cab services. It is also fitted as standard to 'Street Glide' and 'Electra Glide' models of Harley Davidson touring motorcycles sold in the UK.

i have a feeling that the new ones have gone digital as i have an old midland and you cant hear anything on it

Maybe it's time the good old CB radio made a come back, i have a Midland one somewhere :lol: :thumb:

God, how we used to love CB radio when we were teens.

Nah. Hated them. Used 27Mhz frequency same as the RC frequency .

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2020 at 08:55, raesewell said:

I've had nothing but a positive experience with my Sena 20S Evo, I just upgraded to the HD Speakers and they are better than the standard speakers, louder, clearer. Sena have many years experience with communication systems but not so with camera systems so teething problems with the camera are to be expected. As with most new products the public are used as testers so better to wait for version 2 to be released.

May I ask where you bought the HD speakers from?

I would like to question the supplier about fitment and sound quality and so far I cant find anyone that has them.

Cheers

Ian

Yer better speakers are a popular upgrade. It still sucks for the money they don’t supply good speakers to start with. 
Have discovered the connected to another rider sound quality is good so long as you stay really close. Too close for my liking. Not from a safety point of view but for overtaking, if you get too far ahead you then have to dawdle about waiting for them the catch up or you have to listen to cracking n popping noises.