Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They're not friends like FB......they're followers.

True, and most of them I have no idea who the fook they are :lol: 

By the way, since when facecrap connections are friends? Is like linkedin, a bunch of strangers you never heard of :roll:

1 hour ago, husoi said:

True, and most of them I have no idea who the fook they are :lol: 

By the way, since when facecrap connections are friends? Is like linkedin, a bunch of strangers you never heard of :roll:

Oh god....Linkedin!

Where even a teaboy pretends to be a CEO!

• Haha 2

Just now, XTreme said:

What's odd about that?

Because there when is 15c is freezing :P 

Here 15c is summer I'll be preparing a bbq and be topless in the garden with a cold beer:thumb:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, husoi said:

Because there when is 15c is freezing :P

Then when you have spent to long in the tropics. 

You can point out to the locals its a cold day and the temperature is in the low 20's...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@goat I might have missed the update but what happened, did you tell your boss you’d need the reference before you got a firm  job offer? 

Yeah handed in notice before checks completed. All worked out fine with the gamble. Started new job last Monday. Steep learning curve. Will see how it goes and as usual keep my eye out for something else. 

1 minute ago, goat said:

Yeah handed in notice before checks completed. All worked out fine with the gamble. Started new job last Monday. Steep learning curve. Will see how it goes and as usual keep my eye out for something else. 

Glad it worked out 👍👍👍

What are you going to keep your eye out for, I’m thinking gorilla conservation management or space shuttle pilot might work?

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Glad it worked out 👍👍👍

What are you going to keep your eye out for, I’m thinking gorilla conservation management or space shuttle pilot might work?

Are these the same gorillas that are roasting gammon or is it the other way round?

Good luck on Goats  new job.

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

Are these the same gorillas that are roasting gammon or is it the other way round?

Good luck on Goats  new job.

You've gone and mentioned Gammon now you Gammon.

@Tiggie's going to jump in again and f@ck up another thread by splitting it.

Don't mention the G Word FFS!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Glad it worked out 👍👍👍

Not sure. All I want is to do something useful, for a fair wage, with sensible people for an organisation that doesn't take the piss. Surprisingly difficult to find.

Just now, goat said:

Not sure. All I want is to do something useful, for a fair wage, with sensible people for an organisation that doesn't take the piss. Surprisingly difficult to find.

Hohoho good luck with that holy grail! Although you do occasionally hang around here so I’m thinking you could probably drop the ‘sensible people’ part 😂

Finding an employer who doesn't take the piss is the particularly difficult one. Thought I'd found it then senior management retired and its gone down the tubes. Just a couple more years and I'll retire -thank f**k.

• Like 2

@S-Westerly  Main reason I have been with my current employer for approx 8 years is how well they treat me. I even occasionally spend my off nights chatting to them over text about random crap, not all work related!

Bad thing is I know they are planning on retiring within 5 years so I will need to start making plans before then!

• Like 1