Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

19 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A northern word?

possibly .......it's a word I've known and used mainly since I got married to a Donny lad lol. He allus called me nesh cos he'd wear his t shirt 365 days a year with the addition of a fleece when he went to work on nights or winter months .... to the pub would be shirt sleeves most of the year, gloves only ever came out for the bike or snowball fights where as I'd wear a t shirt and sweater (or 2)...... fleece, gloves, scarf and hat and complain that my finger ends or toes were going to fall off. Basically someone who feels or doesn't like the cold. 

26 minutes ago, Bender said:

There is no such word for someone who feels the cold up here, we just have the word southerners.

Normally used as

"You nesh shandy drinking southerner"

Or words to that effect....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well well all the divisive bias twaddles flowing now but what do you expect from a bunch of northern monkeys 😂

Nothing divisive, I flew to Bristol once it was like stepping off in the south of France, well weather wise, obviously the food and the residents kept the reality of the destination.

• Like 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You flew into Bristol, lost?

No intentionally 😁 

It was a bizarre visit, we passed this odd looking bloke driving round in a jeep full of students, Turned out to be Christopher jeffries just before he was arrested.

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You flew into Bristol, lost?

I quite like Bristol.

Always stay there when having meetings in Avonmouth.

Its got a lovely bridge...lol and the ale house with the beer garden that over looks it is more than adequate 

1 minute ago, Bender said:

Oh yes, we still refer to him occasionally when we talk about people who look guilty who aren’t, didn’t remember his name though!

2 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Be proud of your northern monkeyness.

I embrace it as a full on northern gibbon😁😁

True but for those of us from further north like Durham and Northumberland or Cumbria  yorkies barely qualify as northerners. :popcorn:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

True but for those of us from further north like Durham and Northumberland or Cumbria  yorkies barely qualify as northerners. :popcorn:

Ha ha ha. No biting this evening 😁😁

You're more Scottish than owt else

• Like 1

On 18/01/2021 at 17:27, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is @learningtofly still about?

Yes, but I've been otherwise engaged trying to plan for a new venture (seeing as my existing one has been stuffed by COVID). Trying to keep an eye on what's going on, though, and thanks for asking :)

Edited by learningtofly
  • Like 3