Motorbike Security Project Survey

Prad

Hi all,

I have started a project to look into improving motobike security at owners homes, by designing a more durable and secure design than to what is on offer already in the market. I am studying a design engineering degree and to make sure i am designing the right product for bikers - you!

So to ensure that it's fitting with the market i have created a survey that i would be very grateful for as many to take part in. The only personal information I need is your age and the county you like in within the UK. Will take a maximum of 5 mins to complete!!!

Many thanks

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/TONC36/

Done :thumb:

Do we get to trial this new security measure when it's available :thumb:

Haha im hoping that if i get the attention of manufacturers or security companies, that I can actually be able to bring it to market for you guys!

Thank you all for taking part in the survey, it's overwhelming with the amount of responses I've had, so thank you again!

Good luck with it, but unless it is 100% reliable you may struggle to even get a prototype made let alone have a full production run.

My main concern is the motorised electronic part of it, if the electronics fail while in use is there a manual release function, and if so can this be overidden while the unit is in operation, just one of many questions i would need answers to before spending money on a gadget, and i love gadgets as long as they work :lol: :thumb:

What's a bike if not a big gadget holder? :lol:

One thing you need to consider is the size of the bike. In my case, having a heavy beast I don't see the need to have heavy duty security.

Another consideration is where is the bike usually kept, being on the Scottish countryside I will hardly need anything heavier than a twig to keep it safe. The busiest this street gets are thursdays when the bin lorry comes around or some muppet gets lost :roll:

As [mention]dynax[/mention] says, all well and good when electronics work, things will rapidly go pear shape as soon they fail and you get stuck with a locked bike away from home. I can't imagine myself in southern Italy or any other country having to justify to an italian/local why I need him to disable my security devices. :tumble:

What's a bike if not a big gadget holder? :lol:

One thing you need to consider is the size of the bike. In my case, having a heavy beast I don't see the need to have heavy duty security.

Another consideration is where is the bike usually kept, being on the Scottish countryside I will hardly need anything heavier than a twig to keep it safe. The busiest this street gets are thursdays when the bin lorry comes around or some muppet gets lost :roll:

As @dynax says, all well and good when electronics work, things will rapidly go pear shape as soon they fail and you get stuck with a locked bike away from home. I can't imagine myself in southern Italy or any other country having to justify to an italian/local why I need him to disable my security devices. :tumble:

Going by the OP's first post it for home use or at least where the bike is mainly kept :thumb:

I'm always a bit weary when electronics are involved...

Anything that will use a transmitter and a receiver can have this result.

https://jalopnik.com/thieves-steal-a-car-in-20-seconds-by-remotely-cloning-t-1826451687

That's been a common problem for a while, a very short range rf Id system or possibly Bluetooth with limited range would be OK, making it resistant to large battery angle grinder with slitting disk would be the issue.