Nobody Expects!

XTreme

It's the Perfect Storm! 

Due to Covid we're restricted to staying within the town perimeters, but we're just about out of our Brit food.....inc tea bags! However, the Brit supermarkets are all in Albox, Almeria. And I think you're all familiar with my bi-monthly visits by now!

To make things more tricky, I suspect home confinement is heading our way soon.......with Xmas approaching!

So after carefully studying the regulations it appears as if we can leave the town area, and the province, if it's work related! 

And what do you know? I have a client in Albox! So I rang him today, told him the score, and he's giving me an alibi in case I get a pull.

So tomorrow, it's keep business papers and laptop in the car, along with tax returns to prove the existence of the business. And the destination will be Albox!

Fingers crossed I don't get to experience......

https://media.giphy.com/media/xuXc3kD8AeVaw/giphy.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

If I don't make it back I nominate [mention]Six30[/mention] to take over the MOTY and TOTY polling!

if they ask any questions just laugh diabolically.

act diabolically too. in fact laugh and act diabolically.. your chief weapons are fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency.

Edited by Gerontious

You may need to take your own comfy chair with you.... :wink:

I'm guessing that a pull from the plod on the return journey would be harder to explain....unless you can successfully explain that you always go out with 20000 tea bags stashed in the car! :lol: :lol:

So @XTreme is going some where called Albolox to do some Tea Bagging :shock: :shock:

Never thought I'd ever see the day where I could be potentially breaking the law by going to buy tea bags!

And let's be fair......I've seen a lot of days!

https://media.giphy.com/media/GrUhLU9q3nyRG/giphy.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

So @XTreme is going some where called Albolox to do some Tea Bagging :shock: :shock:

They must have sheep there :popcorn:

I think you should leave the incisive one-liners to me and [mention]Six30[/mention] Stu.

You Northern types have never been noted for witty repartee.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9HZMI8IpXXVY5i/giphy.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

Civil guardia will burn your papers, steal your laptop and have you for the broken lights that were fine when you left, then they will go home and laugh at your teabags....

It's Guardia Civil you bellend!

I think you should leave the incisive one-liners to me and @Six30 Stu.

<GIPHY height="270" id="l1J9HZMI8IpXXVY5i" type="gif" width="480"><a href=https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9HZMI8IpXXVY5i/giphy.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

But you liked it so it must have been funny!!!

Mind you're used to entertaining sheep and gammons so you won't have much practice at being funny :P

Only because Spanish is backwards.

No......English is backwards! Spanish is a Romance language emanating directly from Latin.

Whereas English is a hybrid language with some Romance language similarities and the rest of it coming from various Northern European influences.

I think you should leave the incisive one-liners to me and @Six30 Stu.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9HZMI8IpXXVY5i/giphy.gif' alt='GIPHY>'>

But you liked it so it must have been funny!!!

Mind you're used to entertaining sheep and gammons so you won't have much practice at being funny :P

I've had a gutful of Gammons over the last 5 years Stu!

Aren’t all supermarkets full of the same stuff now anyway?

These are British supermarkets......not Spanish ones! We need to get all the stuff for over the period at Brit shops.

We can get turkey in town......but everything else you can think of that you have at Xmas isn't available.

Also, curry isn't a big thing here......so no hope of anything like that either.

But surely the interior of a Spanish dungeon is perfect territory for the truly committed dark motorcyclist. All that damp and gloom, it's just like home.

On a more salient point whilst I can ride for work I'm carrying a full printed copy of the 2020 No. 1200 PUBLIC HEALTH, ENGLAND The Health Protection ( Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No.4) Regulations 2020 with me.

I'd just love to see the copper's face when I hand it over for their perusal and enlightenment.

Aren’t all supermarkets full of the same stuff now anyway?

These are British supermarkets......not Spanish ones! We need to get all the stuff for over the period at Brit shops.

We can get turkey in town......but everything else you can think of that you have at Xmas isn't available.

Also, curry isn't a big thing here......so no hope of anything like that either.

I'm sure you will be fine for poinsettia and sugary sweets 😁

As a complete aside, my ex and her brother co-owned a nice little apartment in Aguadulce (the family home from a time when they lived there with their parents), and consequently I got to know Almeria quite well. It's a nice part of Spain, and many a night we'd go out for a few drinks and just feast ourselves on the free tapas that came with them. I doubt that would happen now.

As a complete aside, my ex and her brother co-owned a nice little apartment in Aguadulce (the family home from a time when they lived there with their parents), and consequently I got to know Almeria quite well. It's a nice part of Spain, and many a night we'd go out for a few drinks and just feast ourselves on the free tapas that came with them. I doubt that would happen now.

Bars can open till 6......but I think a full lockdown is going to happen soon.