ADVICE PLEASE RE INSURANCE

detainer

Can anyone recommend an insurance company for  a suzuki SV650?

Im thinking  Best Service rarther than necessarily the cheapest?

And while were on  it, what about breakdown cover?

Many thanks for any replies.

You'll get loads of different answers because insurers tend to favour certain market sectors so what works for one person won't be ideal for the next. I've been through a few but I'm now with Bikesure because their multiple bike policy works brilliantly for me. I've never had to claim so I can't comment on how that side of things goes but for adding bikes, moving house, they've been good.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

Bikesure ...... made one claim .... they appointed a risk assessor .... I insured a GSXR-1100 ... I made the mistake of claiming after a bad smash .. the reg docs said GSXR - 1100M .... which was correct .... 

They refused payment as i had mis-represented the item to be insured, GSXR-1100 was the only choice on their web site .... all attempts to appeal where overturned .... I went to the Ombudsman and they payed out immediately ...

Wide berth i'd say .... Swinton ... not the cheapest but easy to deal with and a genuine comprehensive policy

I used compare the market and always get best price from Bikesure.. But i guess our individual info will dictate who gives best price. MCN also have a comparison site now too,

I get an individual breakdown cover from dynamo and as its a personal cover it covers my car and bike.

I've got 4 of my bikes on a multi bike with Carole Nash.

Scooter is on its own policy with Bennett's.

I tend to go with one of the bigger well known companies , they are often very competitive but need to shop around every year. They can go from being reasonable to ridiculous in a year for no reason whatsoever.