Bender

Just now, Steve_M said:

😂

Too many variables in imperial and not intuitive. Besides, I’m older in imperial. 

Spit it out man......you shy about your age or something?

I'm 66 and I got no problem admitting it.

And I'm by no means the oldest here!

I’m one of the lucky ones I guess. COVID restrictions don’t affect me at all. I should be offered the vaccine in the next month or two. No plans for anything between now and summer. January, booking the tunnel for September. Then watching what happens at Easter if holidays are possible by then, if not then Summer...  see what happens.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Suffice to say, above state pension age. 

67........I said it for you......no need to be ashamed of being another Dead Man Walking! 

Be prepared for some Gen X twats saying "OK Boomer" to you.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

67........I said it for you......no need to be ashamed of being another Dead Man Walking! 

well its like the man said , getting old is mandatory feeling old is optional :classic_wink:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

well its like the man said , getting old is mandatory feeling old is optional :classic_wink:

I sure feel old after a training session with my son. 😂 Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately) that’s not happening often nowadays. 

4 minutes ago, skyrider said:

What I find is that my mind hasn't aged.....only my body has.

So I think about doing something.....start to do it......and then it's like I've run out of petrol.

32 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

43 (in Hexadecimal). 

2b or not 2b? 

One of my dad's friends passed away with cancer last year, this year in an absolute travesty of bad luck his son and also my dad's friend passed away with cancer, he was a very nice bloke, rally cars, motorbikes, helicopter, he couldn't even buy extra time in the end, cancer really is indiscriminate.

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My dad lived to be 91, my mum is 91 and still going strong. Genetically, I should do ok, still another few years left in this body. As for “OK Boomer”. It hasn’t happened yet as I remind myself I was young once before criticising them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

What I find is that my mind hasn't aged.....only my body has.

So I think about doing something.....start to do it......and then it's like I've run out of petrol.

a lot of people have told me similar, perhaps its the body's way of telling them to slow down 

6 minutes ago, skyrider said:

look on it as a rest period :classic_biggrin:

The little sod is still training...he’s a lot more motivated than I am. I gave up competing some years back, he’s hoping to get into competition next year if the vaccine rolls out quick enough. 

CD12C862-9B70-448E-A00F-72E9C8164AE4.jpeg

• Like 1

i honestly cant see 2021 being any better covid wise ... only  hope is  the vaccinations .

not booking no holidays , had 3 refunds this year well 2 , not got the other yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

2b or not 2b? 

One of my dad's friends passed away with cancer last year, this year in an absolute travesty of bad luck his son and also my dad's friend passed away with cancer, he was a very nice bloke, rally cars, motorbikes, helicopter, he couldn't even buy extra time in the end, cancer really is indiscriminate.

The answer is 2a according to Deep Thought.

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

a lot of people have told me similar, perhaps its the body's way of telling them to slow down 

I don't think so.....my theory is the brain and the body haven't aged at the same pace.

Don't get me wrong.......I've run into plenty of people around my age who think and behave like old people.

They do my head in with their moaning and whinging! Can't stand to be around OLD old people......but I've got all the time in the world for YOUNG old people!

3 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

The little sod is still training...he’s a lot more motivated than I am. I gave up competing some years back, he’s hoping to get into competition next year if the vaccine rolls out quick enough. 

CD12C862-9B70-448E-A00F-72E9C8164AE4.jpeg

Looking pretty fit Steve......is that Judo?

Just now, XTreme said:

I don't think so.....my theory is the brain and the body haven't aged at the same pace.

Don't get me wrong.......I've run into plenty of people around my age who think and behave like old people.

They do my head in with their moaning and whinging! Can't stand to be around OLD old people......but I've got all the time in the world for YOUNG old people!

i agree, thats why i like you .