Capital Punishment

MarkW

12 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Well he did you couldn't possibly make it up it must have happened.....its in a book and everything 😋

Yes, but then everyone was doing it back then: Lazarus was raised from the dead, so too was the daughter of Jairus, and when Jesus was crucified the tombs of the saints broke open and their occupants wandered the streets of Jerusalem. Apparently...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Yes, but then everyone was doing it back then: Lazarus was raised from the dead, so too was the daughter of Jairus, and when Jesus was crucified the tombs of the saints broke open and their occupants wandered the streets of Jerusalem. Apparently...

probably looking for a burger king :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Bloody hell, they had zombies then too?

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

probably looking for a burger king :classic_laugh:

I could never understand why people thought that Jesus rising from the dead in any way proved his divinity given how commonplace an occurrence it seems to have been at the time. It must actually have been something of a banality.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bender said:

OK I will concede the death penalty is on balance of probability not a good idea.

That still leaves me where I started this off, I would still pull the rope for my delightful upstanding member of society.

Well, that's progress of a sort, I suppose...

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Guess we could restart penal colonies. That would be one hell of a deterrent at least :popcorn:  

Where? we haven't got any colonies. Personally I'd quite fancy being exiled to Australia but doubt the aussies would be too keen. Rockall is a bit small. Suppose we could try and rent Spitzbergen from the Norwegians but can't see it myself. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Off shore oil rig perhaps?!

Bit on the small side but we could make it the new reality TV. Hundreds of cons in a small space left to their own devices. What could go wrong?

4 hours ago, Bender said:

Have you not seen escape from New York 

Exactly! Be ripping TV (literally perhaps). Just need some way of keeping the buggers from swimming away. Genetically modified geat white sharks perhaps.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MarkW said:

They wasn't just wandering round the streets , they was following Brian....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

They wasn't just wandering round the streets , they was following Brian....

My eldest got a bollocking from his RE teacher just before Christmas. She caught him rolling his eyes when she said they would be continuing with the nativity story, and when she asked what the problem was he said "Oh God - not this load of Tom tit again... I mean seriously: 'A child, a child, shivers in the cold, let us bring him silver and gold.' That's useful, isn't it? I'd have taken him a blanket..."

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bender said:

Have you not seen escape from New York 

Bloody hell, you’re right, imagine if all those Cons got together & created sh*te films like that !!

• Like 1