When You Know You’re Out of Your Depth

Mickly

We’ve got a digital photo frame that started flashing & then wouldn’t work at all, I tested the power supply & it’s ok.

so I opened up the back to see if I could notice anything untoward!!

14BEAA77-4247-4EB9-ACD9-DFD52FE3C5A5.jpeg.bba251dd653efc6e91a36063a9ff3f69.jpeg
Yeah right !! 🤯

• Haha 2

Throw it in the bin.

Repairing it would mean testing all the in-board elements till you find the faulty part.

If it was flashing like the photo on and off and then went all out it would have been the power regulator that packed in.

The larger square integrated circuit will be the processor while the other 2 large ones will be the cmos and memory manager.

The repair would be a new motherboard which is the price of the whole thing.

For £100 you get an excellent goggle tv box that will do the same showing the photos on the tv set.

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

I never got the whole digital picture frame, it's probably for the best, buy a couple of frames, they tend not to go faulty and cost nothing to run.

It’s not static, you can load 1000’s of digital images & have them automatically cycling through. The missus & grandkids loved it.

Just now, Mickly said:

It’s not static, you can load 1000’s of digital images & have them automatically cycling through. The missus & grandkids loved it.

Yea I know how they work 😁, we had one for about a month, little transformer ran very hot, then we got bored of it and it's now somewhere in one of the corners of the house where small electrical devices go never to be seen again.

1 minute ago, Bender said:

Yea I know how they work 😁, we had one for about a month, little transformer ran very hot, then we got bored of it and it's now somewhere in one of the corners of the house where small electrical devices go never to be seen again.

How much do you want for it?

We've got a Google home hub (Bit like an Amazon Alexa with a screen) As all our photos are stored on Google Photos we have set the hubs screensaver to show a random photo every couple of minutes. Its actually quite clever at how it does it, For example showing photos taken on this day 5 or 10 years ago.

33 minutes ago, Bender said:

shove it on fleabay 👍

• Like 1