This Is How You Get Your Bike Out Of A Muddy Mess

Admin

Worn out just watching it. 
When he was running through his initial approach I was thinking, well its the best approach but on a bike that heavy with the tree at that angle on ground so soft and such a tiny area of possible approach ... either he’s super skilled or probably just nooooooooo dont do it! 
My kermits would have seen that bike abandoned for a long walk home 😂

Good on him for showing his daftness in a vid, his ego’s in check at least!

• Like 1

Fair play to him for actually taking his adv bike off road in the first place,  most people who own these bikes wouldn't even consider it .... Looked like damned hard work, that's why when I off road I wouldn't use anything bigger than a 250cc, easier to manoeuvre and more importantly, lighter to pick up when I inevitably drop it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

Fair play to him for actually taking his adv bike off road in the first place,  most people who own these bikes wouldn't even consider it .... Looked like damned hard work, that's why when I off road I wouldn't use anything bigger than a 250cc, easier to manoeuvre and more importantly, lighter to pick up when I inevitably drop it.

Yep it’s not your regular bike for that stuff for good reasons 😂 

I don’t know if you’ve ever been to the adventure bike festival but I did chuckle at large number of pristine large adventure bikes parked up outside the Waitrose cafe 😂

Not that adventures have to be muddy it’s just at odds with the way they market them and what people actually use off road. 

• Like 1

If you look at the weight of the super Tenere as an example, 265kg! You'd be lucky if you could lift it after one drop.  I can do every thing a big adv can do on my old CRF250,  and IMHO, off road at least, I think its a lot more fun,  Rocks, mud, gravel, snow, it copes with everything.  I do think the GS is a good bike,  great for doing big miles on, I did test ride one, very comfortable, capable machine,  definitely not for everyday use though, not for me anyway.

Mallory park, 5-6 years ago, Festival of 1000 Bikes. 

Big BMW Adventure bike firmly stuck in the mud, rear wheel up to its axle in mud ... his mate ... on a ZX10 ! riding round  taking the mick, the super wide tyre of the ZX10 preventing him sinking in the mud ...

We turned up in the Isuzu pick up truck and towed the BMW out .... :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Trooper74

22 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

If you look at the weight of the super Tenere as an example, 265kg! You'd be lucky if you could lift it after one drop.  I can do every thing a big adv can do on my old CRF250,  and IMHO, off road at least, I think its a lot more fun,  Rocks, mud, gravel, snow, it copes with everything.  I do think the GS is a good bike,  great for doing big miles on, I did test ride one, very comfortable, capable machine,  definitely not for everyday use though, not for me anyway.

Yer that’s one thing about the Himalayan 220kg I’ve got 1 maybe 2 pick ups in me and then I’m done. Fortunately being a small female seems to trigger some people the same way as watching a child falling off does and they tend to rush to help- unless your riding with a group of women who will look at you in a “it’s your bike, you dropped it” type of way which we find amusing cos it has an edge of “oh dear you’ve done it now, wotcha gonna do about it?” 😂
I love big adventure bikes but I’m a shortarse so that’s never gonna happen. Problem with the better off road bike for me is the ground clearance- makes it far more likely I’m gonna be picking it up cos I can’t stop on uneven ground without coming a cropper! 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, manxie49 said:

yes stick with a lightweight enduro much more fun no good giving yourself a hernia trying to lift it out of the sucky mud :classic_huh:

• Like 1

slightly off context.

These videos always amuse me.. look at the intro. now either he had someone with him who rode ahead to do all those shots or he was forever getting off his bike, setting up the camera, turning round just to ride a short stretch again., then going back again to retrieve the camera.. check the shot and then probably have to do it all over again. it's just so artificial.  A short while back a guy posted a video to FB of him riding through a ford in cinematic slo-mo. I asked him if he was on his own. he said yes.  so, I then asked him how many times he had to ride through that ford to get the perfect shot..... silence. 

Also, I have never understood why it is that so many ADV riders have to record for posterity when they come off.. bike falls over and this is a great opportunity for a photo.. eg.

97685889_3110521209007188_2429433587964051456_o.jpg

Edited by Gerontious

47 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

slightly off context.

These videos always amuse me.. look at the intro. now either he had someone with him who rode ahead to do all those shots or he was forever getting off his bike, setting up the camera, turning round just to ride a short stretch again., then going back again to retrieve the camera.. check the shot and then probably have to do it all over again. it's just so artificial.  A short while back a guy posted a video to FB of him riding through a ford in cinematic slo-mo. I asked him if he was on his own. he said yes.  so, I then asked him how many times he had to ride through that ford to get the perfect shot..... silence. 

Also, I have never understood why it is that so many ADV riders have to record for posterity when they come off.. bike falls over and this is a great opportunity for a photo.. eg.

97685889_3110521209007188_2429433587964051456_o.jpg

Well I assume he really is on his tod because I know other people who madly spend all day doing this stuff. It’s not a really a ride for them. They go out with the express intention of producing content for their channel so they can maintain followers and the income that goes with it.
A second person could easily be involved, why be honest if it’s going to mess with the narrative. 
The photo’s of an off is simply modern day clown stuff, look at me aren’t I silly (yet at the same time so humble)... click like and follow... 

They’d give you jazz hands if they thought it would get an extra like 🙄

• Like 1