Welcome Ellyt247

Admin

28 minutes ago, Ellyt247 said:

Unfortunately, nothing at the moment. I am a complete newbie with it all. Have nothing yet - bike, gear, licence or experience. Waiting for lockdown and Covid to sod off so I can get started

That's OK you have to start somewhere 👍 

Are you old enough to go das or you stuck to a 125 to start with ? 

1 minute ago, Ellyt247 said:

33. So a bit of a late start. Yh I've looked into it all and have considered if I should go for a DAS of if I should get use to something smaller for experience. 

I was a much later starter than that 😁 

Do you drive a car? 

If you do then you are fine with the roads, it's just positioning and approaching things from a bike perspective.

Do a cbt have a couple of lessons, that will give you a much better idea.

43 minutes ago, Ellyt247 said:

Unfortunately, nothing at the moment. I am a complete newbie with it all. Have nothing yet - bike, gear, licence or experience. Waiting for lockdown and Covid to sod off so I can get started

There are other people on here who are trying to get going so you have company 👍

As you cycle you will already have developed most skills also associated with biking, main problem for car drivers is the use of the clutch which you often have to slip while using the rear brake, takes a little time and practice :thumb:

8 minutes ago, Ellyt247 said:

Yh, I've been driving since I was 17 and I cycle to work daily. Would like to think I have some experience with that but it might be different on a motorbike

You should be fine, fingers crossed you can get started soon, don't worry about asking questions 👍