Drift ghost x

44 minutes ago, Bender said:

I didn't think you had it was just to clarify they are basically the same units but xl has a few tweaks thumb 👍 

I know, a mate just got the XL and is excited to use it with it being waterproof for his commutes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ant said:

would you recomend drift ghost ?

Im not the best to ask. Youtube reviews show it was a pain in the arse early on, but when it works its really good. The wrist strap is rubbish too (on/off) but the appeal is 8hour battery life on most of them. Not sure about the 4k. I was looking at them as my mate get one ordered (XL) and I want something for my NC500 trip next year without taking loads of batteries for a go pro. But I do like the go pro footage so Im still undecided. As a dash cam style tool it these seem ideal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jedibiker said:

Im not the best to ask. Youtube reviews show it was a pain in the arse early on, but when it works its really good. The wrist strap is rubbish too (on/off) but the appeal is 8hour battery life on most of them. Not sure about the 4k. I was looking at them as my mate get one ordered (XL) and I want something for my NC500 trip next year without taking loads of batteries for a go pro. But I do like the go pro footage so Im still undecided. As a dash cam style tool it these seem ideal.

yeah i was looking at gopro but didnt like the shape of it stuck on my helmet....thought maybe gopro to handlebars...anyway will sort sumthing soon 

13 minutes ago, ant said:

yeah i was looking at gopro but didnt like the shape of it stuck on my helmet....thought maybe gopro to handlebars...anyway will sort sumthing soon 

Yeah thats the other problem. I looked at a few like the ghost but it seems the ghost footage is better than the tom tom one (that or garmin). Sony do one but I didnt like that either.

There are some good side by side footage videos on youtube

1 hour ago, ant said:

.thought maybe gopro to handlebars...

Problem with this is vibration, image is not very stable...

I do it as I don't like things on helmet and I charge from bike when running..

However it's not smooth footage..

• Like 1

I use a Nextbase 222 dashcam, okay it's not waterproof but for the price it gives a decent enough recording, I have it mounted on my screen which seems to absorb some of the vibrations except for any big bumps, and as it records in 1 minute clips makes editing simple as you can skip clips you don't want. It has an after market Polarising filter fitted too so you can adjust the glare and reflections from the screen. Usb powered that swithches on and off with the ignition and instant recording in either 720p or 1080p.

This isn't the best recording, I have better but not uploaded to YT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dynax said:

I use a Nextbase 222 dashcam, okay it's not waterproof but for the price it gives a decent enough recording, I have it mounted on my screen which seems to absorb some of the vibrations except for any big bumps, and as it records in 1 minute clips makes editing simple as you can skip clips you don't want. It has an after market Polarising filter fitted too so you can adjust the glare and reflections from the screen. Usb powered that swithches on and off with the ignition and instant recording in either 720p or 1080p.

This isn't the best recording, I have better but not uploaded to YT.

seems a decent buy that...thanks

20 minutes ago, onesea said:

Problem with this is vibration, image is not very stable...

I do it as I don't like things on helmet and I charge from bike when running..

However it's not smooth footage..

yeah if i go for the gopro will have to put on helmet me thinks....am in no rush so will research a few more...thanks anyway

2 hours ago, jedibiker said:

Yeah thats the other problem. I looked at a few like the ghost but it seems the ghost footage is better than the tom tom one (that or garmin). Sony do one but I didnt like that either.

There are some good side by side footage videos on youtube

am abit worried about ghosts customer service reviews on youtube....might av a look at tom tom

1 hour ago, ant said:

yeah if i go for the gopro will have to put on helmet me thinks....am in no rush so will research a few more...thanks anyway

I get this from my go pro copy mounted to screen on Trophy...