The HD Pan American

Bender

I’m so excited by this bike that I went to the foot of our stairs where I promptly sat down and gazed, with a glazed eye into the far distance. Luckily the kettle started to whistle so I didn’t get caught up in the curtains.

nice day for it.

7 hours ago, Gerontious said:

I’m so excited by this bike that I went to the foot of our stairs where I promptly sat down and gazed, with a glazed eye into the far distance. Luckily the kettle started to whistle so I didn’t get caught up in the curtains.

nice day for it.

Harley is trying to move out of the past and your still living in it, I mean who has a kettle that whistles these days 😁 

• Haha 2

Hey, I was born in Lancashire! Don't live there though and haven't since I was 7. Fairly sure they have electric but set in their ways. However their arms are longer and their pockets are shorter than Yorkies!

• Haha 1

What depressed me about Beamish was a lot of the stuff in it I could remember from my grandmother's house. Some of it was also to be found in my wife's auntie's house up until about 20 years ago. Of course she did live in Newbiggin which was / is pretty backwards.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

What depressed me about Beamish was a lot of the stuff in it I could remember from my grandmother's house. Some of it was also to be found in my wife's auntie's house up until about 20 years ago. Of course she did live in Newbiggin which was / is pretty backwards.

Is, it's not changed.

Street I grew up in could have been Beamish, old colliery row 20 houses each side, cobled road, outside toilets, no heating complete with corner shop that would have made arkwrights look like apple store.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smallfrowne said:

Eee aye thas raite. An back then tha'd only av pushrods n side valves to get thee abaat.

Guy down our street had a Honda cb750 in sparkly orange was ex army and single, can't remember his name but remember the bike, I wasn't allowed to touch it 😂