Bikers against Child abuse

husoi

This rings home to me about the un-sung hero's of the rough tough biker chapters. Yes there is the bad side but there's many many good guys n girls out there, who support the locla community with things like the teddybear and christmas runs they do.

Fish

• Like 3

I saw the American one years ago, thought it was a great idea. Especially all of them standing in the courtroom with the child so they wouldn't feel intimidated by the abuser.

Hopefully it scares shit out of the abuser too 😡

• Like 2

I'd be interested to know how they screen referrals. I've worked to tackle people who have committed abuse and also had to support those who are the victims of false allegations. Either way lives get destroyed and you have to be very very careful about taking sides. 

It is important work being a champion for those who need support. There are those already doing this in unseen and unsung ways. I had a letter only recently from someone who has a family, a job and a home, things most of us take for granted, but something they never thought they would ever have until someone stood by their side and listened to their story. Many years later they just wanted to say how that support had made a new future possible for them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've seen quite a few clips and they explain that their aim is only the kid and nothing to do with anybody else.

There is an interview where they explain that screening is done by an expert on referral. But the aim is empowering the child and assure them that they don't need to be afraid.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2021 at 16:29, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What a marvellous thing. Thanks for posting that @husoi 👍

I'm please to announce that I've took the first step to become a member of B.A.C.A in Scotland :classic_cool:

It will take some time due to lockdown but wheels are in motion :thumb: 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, husoi said:

I'm please to announce that I've took the first step to become a member of B.A.C.A in Scotland :classic_cool:

It will take some time due to lockdown but wheels are in motion :thumb: 

Large amounts of good on you Husoi it’s a brilliant thing to do. Keep us up to date with how it’s going 👍

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Wee update :)

now that restrictions have eased, I'm pleased to report that I was invited for my first meeting with them :cool: 

I know it will take a long time until I can declare being a member.

Looking forward to the journey :thumb:

• Like 4

On 21/06/2021 at 10:39, husoi said:

Wee update :)

now that restrictions have eased, I'm pleased to report that I was invited for my first meeting with them :cool: 

I know it will take a long time until I can declare being a member.

Looking forward to the journey :thumb:

Had a look on the website, they are a bit thin on the ground are the chapters. 

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Had a look on the website, they are a bit thin on the ground are the chapters. 

Yep.

Don't think they are as well known as in the US.

One more reason to join :thumb: