Bike safe

Stu

I have been planning on doing a bike safe course/day for a long time and for £25 thought it would be worth it and is not a bad price

Just been looking to book one for this year and the price has shot up to £65 :shock: 

Surely that cant be inflation or are they going to blame covid for this too :roll: 

Maybe I should look at IAM or ROSPA instead 

• Like 1

Just now, Stu said:

I have been planning on doing a bike safe course/day for a long time and for £25 thought it would be worth it and is not a bad price

Just been looking to book one for this year and the price has shot up to £65 :shock: 

Surely that cant be inflation or are they going to blame covid for this too :roll: 

Maybe I should look at IAM or ROSPA instead 

I booked one before Covid, sadly it had already gone up to £65 then. My course was cancelled due to C19 and I have been given a voucher valid for 2 years. I'm on the waiting list for when they start taking bookings again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pie man said:

I booked one before Covid, sadly it had already gone up to £65 then. My course was cancelled due to C19 and I have been given a voucher valid for 2 years. I'm on the waiting list for when they start taking bookings again. 

That makes it worse then! they have put it up pre covid so can't even blame that :lol: 

1 minute ago, Stu said:

That makes it worse then! they have put it up pre covid so can't even blame that :lol: 

And what's even worse. I booked with Greater Manchester with the course being held only 1 mile from me however, now their bookings are full. I thought I could use my voucher with Lancashire who have availability and are roughly 10 mile away, but oh no cant do that but could use my voucher with South Yorkshire 65-70 miles away :scratch: 

• Confused 1

Just now, Pie man said:

And what's even worse. I booked with Greater Manchester with the course being held only 1 mile from me however, now their bookings are full. I thought I could use my voucher with Lancashire who have availability and are roughly 10 mile away, but oh no cant do that but could use my voucher with South Yorkshire 65-70 miles away :scratch: 

Well that makes no sense at all! its probably a tax fiddle..........

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bender said:

I've been on the waiting list for nearly 3yrs for ne.

Have you tried to book it online? my area has a waiting list but you can book online and it shows you how many spaces are left 

EDIT: just checked and yes its a waiting list :lol: 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fish said:

I get the odd email offering dates, but as soon as you open it all the dates are already booked out.

Plus not sure I'd want to do it on L's

Fish

I know Avon and Somerset have always insisted on a full licence. Which I've always thought as a shame/missed opportunity, as surely it's people who may have only done a CBT who would greatly benefit?

If they were worried about the differences in acceleration between different types of bike they could offer l-plate only days