GoPro Placement and Mounts

So I know not everyone’s keen on the idea of a “dash cam”; i.e so people want even ride with people wearing cams.

But personally I feel it’s the right thing to do and helpful in an accident situation. Also great to review when your going through nice road and scenery etc.

So my two main questions are:

1. What’s people view placement of a camera? Helmet, chest, bars?

2. If you mount to helmet, what’s your preferred helmet mount? 

Thanks

Edited by NE150N80

I have a dual camera, front under the headlights, rear under the top box.

Unfortunately the image is crap so not used that much.

Personally I don't like the idea of having something making wind noise and vibrating the helmet.

I don't like helmet mounts so I use either a clamp that fits on the handlebars, only snag is it can vibrate a bit at speed, or a chest mount which works quite well so long as you get the angle right. But I agree, it doesn't give the most exciting of views. It is however very smooth and clear.

I use a Drift camera mounted on the side of my helmet and tbh don't notice ant difference with / without. I do have a GoPro which has a chest mount on a harness. Never use it so planning to give it to my grandsons.