New Daytona boots

Happy birthday to me! 

Went shopping for some new boots today to replace my aging Sidi Virtigo 2's 

I wanted to replace them with something less sporty looking and with less plastic and screws on them as I have already caught the new bike with them! Also wanted them to be waterproof for our trips away as I have been caught out a few times 

I always fancied a pair of Daytona's but the price tag put me off! 

I then made the mistake of trying them on :shock: 

They felt like they meant to be so I ended up buying them :lol: 

Image 1.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, NeilM said:

How much kidder?

I'm not sure if I should pm you it :lol: 

£350 reduced from £420 :shock: 

But I look at it this way my last boots I have had about 10 years and they are still going strong with plenty of life left so on that basis its not a lot per year 

• Sad 1

I got some Daytonas back in 2015 for £240. Seemed like a lot of money back then, but they are as comfortable as a pair of slippers. They're now nearing end of life - the left one has a hole in the top from shifting up, and they are all round scuffed to death. Might get another year out of them before they leak too much to be useful.

I know you can send them back to the factory to get them refurbished, but the last time I asked, they wanted another £240 + p&p, and they were going to keep them a few months while they did them; not sure it's worth it, but I've got a secondhand pair off ebay lined up ready to take their place.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bonio said:

they are as comfortable as a pair of slippers

Thats the first thing I noticed about them

Which is odd as I don't wear slippers :lol: 

• Haha 2

That's the decision really.

I spent 170 in the sale for a pair of alpinestars 3 year back and they are getting knackered now.

Did the exact same 3 year prior to that....

Tempting to go daft and think long term

• Like 1

I didnt want to buy Daytona’s cos I think theyre fugly. But I tried them and of the 6 pairs of boots Ive owned so far theyre head and shoulders above the rest, comfortable and completely waterproof but breathable. The strength of the footbed saved my foot from being turned to mush when the bike landed on it. It was still a bit squished with a hairline fracture and some ligament damage but I could feel the whole bike was resting on the side of the boots very sturdy sole. Well worth every penny. Warning manky picture below. You can see the line where the foot is completely undamaged and the footbed finishes.

5D3872F2-E52C-435B-8A0B-0432101E8706.thumb.jpeg.985de67f327acc51f949c3f5330892a8.jpeg

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Stu said:

Happy birthday to me! 

Went shopping for some new boots today to replace my aging Sidi Virtigo 2's 

I wanted to replace them with something less sporty looking and with less plastic and screws on them as I have already caught the new bike with them! Also wanted them to be waterproof for our trips away as I have been caught out a few times 

I always fancied a pair of Daytona's but the price tag put me off! 

I then made the mistake of trying them on :shock: 

They felt like they meant to be so I ended up buying them :lol: 

Image 1.jpg

Did the same when I was looking for new boots a good few years ago with @Hoggs. Expensive but comfy and waterproof. 

• Like 3