Suzuki EN125 Oil cooler?

Hello all, i have a Suzuki EN125 engine i am using in a project, and it is a primarily air-cooled engine, however i was wondering if it is possible to fit an oil cooler/radiator to this? it is a pressurized oil system, and there is a oil pressure tap fitting, ( i think used for oil pressure gauge), so i was wondering if this is possible, as it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

The short answer is yes it is possible to fit an oil cooler.

But unless you are wrapping the resulting thing in bodywork that severely restricts airflow the original manufacturer didn`t feel it needed one so why go to the expense/hassle of fitting a non performance enhancing mod that will still cost you time and money?

Sorry to sound negative but I spend a lot of time and effort removing stuff and lightening wherever possible in the search for lightness and performance gains.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks for the reply!

This is very true, it is likely i will not install one, however if the "short answer" is yes, how would you go about fitting one? i could do it, just by running an oil line from the pressure fitting, running through the radiator, and then back in somewhere (fill cap, etc), however i want to make sure this will not compromise the pressurized oiling of the engine... 

Cheers,

James

P.S only slight downside to factory cooling is that if you are idling, (vehicle stationary), then there is very little airflow. Also, where i am putting it, there may be less airflow than on the bike originally...

Your routing is fine and the early coolers were usually done this way (from memory lol)

Please consider the increase in capacity and see if you can find out the kind of pressures this engine is expected to make as to maintain good flow it might be necessary to think about diameter of flow pipe and consequently a larger gravity fed return pipe will hopefully work quite well.

:worthless:

Cheers

Ian

Be  careful. that oil pump has not been designed for a cooler, simple tapping off and returning it to the sump will divert ALL the oil it can and you end up with NON where it is needed. It need to be in SERIES with the oil gallery IE through the pump to the cooler and then back ideally to the filter then main gallery to the other parts of the motor. The GN125 and other motors like this use roller bearing cranks and the lub systems do not require the pressures or flow a plain bearing motor need.  the main part that needs pressure are the camshaft journals as they are run into the head.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, skyrider said:

have you seen where it is made ?

I can't see any reference to where it's made but I'd make an educated guess at China . 

22 hours ago, fastbob said:

I can't see any reference to where it's made but I'd make an educated guess at China . 

Seller information

Shenzhenshihailingchuankejiyouxiangongsi

CHUNFANG HUANG

longhuaqulonghuajiedaojinglongshequ

donghuanyiluhengheguojidasha1102

518000 shenzhenshi

China

7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Seller information

Shenzhenshihailingchuankejiyouxiangongsi

CHUNFANG HUANG

longhuaqulonghuajiedaojinglongshequ

donghuanyiluhengheguojidasha1102

518000 shenzhenshi

China

Oh yeah . Well it makes a change from Guangzhou . That's where everything I order seems to come from . 

• Like 1