Street Triple M6 southbound 5pm tonight nr Warrington roadworks

Steve_M

12 minutes ago, Bender said:

What link. 

There is no link. I don’t have a dash cam, and I was too busy trying to make room for the rider to get through a decreasing space as he (she?) thought they were on a video game and, thus, invulnerable. 

9 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

There is no link. I don’t have a dash cam, and I was too busy trying to make room for the rider to get through a decreasing space as he (she?) thought they were on a video game and, thus, invulnerable. 

I know there is no link, it was @S-Westerlythat's confused 😁

Some Interesting road users (twats) these days

• Like 1

It was broadly on par with the tossers I saw ‘filtering’ along the M25 around 1999 heading home after the WSB round at Brands Hatch. I saw at least three bikes on the ground before I got to the Dartford Crossing. My good lady, who was travelling along that stretch of the road on her way back from Paris, also commented on the riding as she had a few close encounters in the car.

I thought we had (mostly) matured out of that idiocy.

I was queuing in the car for about 40 minutes this evening to get to the Dartford Tunnel. Saw half a dozen bikes or so, most filtering carefully, although some blasted past. What amused me that the blasters all had their hazards flashing, as if this somehow gave them a cloak of invincibility. The truth is that I only ever saw their hazards after they'd passed me. The ones I was aware of before they passed were the ones with loud pipes, who were going at sensible speeds.

10 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Filtering at slow speed is one thing but high speed lane splitting is just asking for trouble and usually ends in serious harm to the biker. Some folks seem to think they are invulnerable.

It was through roadworks with two narrow lanes, speed limit 50mph. I was on the inside lane and there was another car just behind me, by possibly a couple of metres, in the outside lane. He was about to slowly overtake me when the rider used him as a mobile chicane and went through the decreasing gap at speed. 

• Thanks 1

Is this Poplar services at junction 20? Near to the M56.

It's quite a hot spot for poorly behaving bikers, same with the M60 at Stockport. I notice these areas being the worst for bikers flying through traffic like they can hit a reset button if it goes wrong. 

The thing I find funny though, is when you follow someone doing those big arcing weaves as they go through traffic due to cars being in staggered positions in their lanes. I've followed little bikes swerving around like they were always close to hitting a car, while I gently adjust a few feet left/right to clear the same thing they used a hard lean angle for. 

I'm riding mostly straight, and they're swinging their bikes arse like it's Saturday night. 

• Like 1

I had a first whilst filtering on M74 a month back. Several miles of stationary traffic so I’m splitting between two lanes. Truck driver decided to open cab door so he could leave truck just as I was approaching. Just as well I was going slow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1