• 2 months later...

I've gone for this flip up helmet. What I like is that it has a glasses groove. I did measure my head before buying so hoping the fit is perfect. 30 day return if not:

FEATURES

Meets or exceeds DOT FMVSS218 approved. Meets or exceeds ECE 22.05. Testing includes energy attenuation, penetration resistance, chin strap structural integrity and labelling requirements for on-road motorcycle helmets.

The Advanced Polycarbonate Shell is designed to be lightweight with a superior fit and comfort, using CAD technology.

All HJC shields offer 99% UV-A & B protection

Anti-fog lens prepared

Integrated Sun Visor: Improved peripheral vision and excellent sunlight blocking help to reduce eye strain. Anti-fog and Anti-scratch coated.

Supercool Interior keeps the rider cool and fresh with moisture-wicking, odour-free, and advanced silver antibacterial fabric.

Removable interior

Screenshot_20220115-173404_Samsung Internet.jpg

hjc are a big well known brand, they make a lot of great helmets. They don't have a lot of fancy extras that others might have but having said that they do tend to offer great bang for your buck. I don't know this lid but I've had a couple of hjc in the past and been happy with them all. They tend to get 4 or 5 stars in SHARP tests so I doubt you can go wrong as long as it fits well. 

• Like 1

I had a HJC flip front  it was great still have it as a reserve lid. Go to a decent stockist and try some on you may find it doesn't suit you. I tried a caberg when I got the HJC I was sold on it until I tried it. It just didn't suit my balloon head I don't think 😂

It all comes down to the shape of your head. The basic measurement around your skull doesn't really help a lot. I've tried on a number of helmets over the year and the only brand that is a good fit for me out of the box is Schuberth. Any Italian one is a complete non-starter and for some reason I struggle with Arai and Shoei. I have an HJC but it's nowhere near as comfy as my Schuberth and I use it as a backup.