CBT Bike recommendation

Jakers

Hey, so I was wondering if anyone was able to give me some advice or recommendations.

I’m looking for a 125cc bike to ride on just a CBT and I’m struggling deciding what to get. Firstly I understand a 125 isn’t going to be fast.

So I love the look and style of a super sport like the GSXR125 but I’m hesitating as I don’t know if it will sound like it’s screaming just getting to normal speeds.

I also love supermoto’s and can’t complain about the sound of their 4 strokes but I just feel they have less safety features and are easier to be stolen. 
what do you suggest? 

You really need to visit a dealership and try different bikes, just sitting on them will give you some idea.

Buy something second hand and Japanese. Look after it and when you trade up you'll get your money back. 

I wouldn't overthink a 125, most people don't keep them as a long term investment. Depending where you live, if theft is a problem, go for something older that's less attractive to thieves. Having a bike that is a target isn't any fun. 

• Like 1

If you are intending to progress to A2 or A, I would advise you to buy a cheap rat bike to practice on and drop. New bikes depreciate as soon as they leave the dealership and its heart breaking to drop your pride and joy. (clue :- you will drop it.  You absolutly will).

2 hours ago, Pbassred said:

If you are intending to progress to A2 or A, I would advise you to buy a cheap rat bike to practice on and drop. New bikes depreciate as soon as they leave the dealership and its heart breaking to drop your pride and joy. (clue :- you will drop it.  You absolutly will).

That's not a given, its a possibility but not a certainty 😁 

Get something used, jap in good condition and  you will get back what you paid for it. 

20 hours ago, Jakers said:

Hey, so I was wondering if anyone was able to give me some advice or recommendations.

I’m looking for a 125cc bike to ride on just a CBT and I’m struggling deciding what to get. Firstly I understand a 125 isn’t going to be fast.

So I love the look and style of a super sport like the GSXR125 but I’m hesitating as I don’t know if it will sound like it’s screaming just getting to normal speeds.

I also love supermoto’s and can’t complain about the sound of their 4 strokes but I just feel they have less safety features and are easier to be stolen. 
what do you suggest? 

I've had the gsxs125 for nearly 2 years now. I've commuted on it throughout the year.  Soon to be sold as I've just passed my DAS.

I can't fault it, fantastic bike with ABS and proper disc brakes. Never had an issue with it, light and got the max 15 bhp. It will sit at 70mph but  struggle to go much more than that. For a 125 it sounds pretty good  not whingey or screaming when under normal driving. Also the insurance on it isn't as bad as other 125. The gsxr125 will be the same. 

YouTube channel 44 teeth ran one as a track bike. You might find something interesting on them there.

• Like 1