Challenge 2022 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

Well I think that's me done for this year, left plenty on the board, but not planning any more trips.

image.png.d857f889e012882d58413b1b4ca7d1fa.png

this is the one that got away :) well done @oldgrump I couldn't find it :( 

WP_20220613_15_09_22_Pro.jpg.f93c1c52ae4af848a743e9742ebc4508.jpg

• Like 6

Hi @teo63, long time since we did that photo😂, but I'm sure it wasn't that far away from where it should have been🤔.

We've been trying to get to Wales for last 2 weeks, but had so many other thing's to sort, feel we missed out on riding this year.

Must admit was going to warn people about Lighthouse road, near Stranraer. The first bit wasn't bad, it got worse round the corner!!!!!!

Might have a couple more attempts for some photo's, even if it's just to get all the AA box's done.

• Like 1

I think it was just PPP on my part 😂 I knew roughly where it should have been and thought I would find it easily enough without any coordinates ..

Yes, the road to the lighthouse didn't look very inviting, I gave up at the corner😆

Good luck with the remaining AA boxes, looking forward to seeing some more photo's 👍  

• 1 month later...

Last trip of this year, best points haul since 2014 so pleased with that, great to get out and about, many thanks to the organisers it's a lot of work could do with more scores on the doors from the entrants list but there is always next year.....

• Like 5

17 hours ago, CB999 said:

Last trip of this year, best points haul since 2014 so pleased with that, great to get out and about, many thanks to the organisers it's a lot of work could do with more scores on the doors from the entrants list but there is always next year.....

No more trips for me either now, but looking forward to next year when I'll have more time. Thanks to the organisers also, this is the first year for me and I've really enjoyed getting on different roads, to new places. Maybe for the future there could be a meet date and location for each region. 

• Like 3

Well even I must admit defeat this year!! When @Hoggs stuck the AA box challenge on this year I was well up for it.

But sadly other things have not been going in our favour this year, so I'm sorry to say we are done points wise!

But hopefully next year we can get it back together again and spend some more time on the bike👍

Our worse year in 14 years of doing Photo rally's, never completed one competition!!!

And feel free to stick the AA box challenge on again, still got 5 to do😂.

But again thanks for organising  everything and look forward to next year👍

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hoggs said:

....yes... Next year... which I've totally started... 

I suspect its pretty much finished now and you are just doing the finishing touches................

:lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/12/2022 at 23:32, oldgrump said:

And feel free to stick the AA box challenge on again, still got 5 to do😂.

I only have you down as missing three (and finding at least 2 I couldnt!!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoggs said:

I only have you down as missing three (and finding at least 2 I couldnt!!) 

Yep 2 in Wales + 1 near M6 motorway and 2 more you couldn't find😂, Can't believe I never got back to Wales!!

If you are stuck for Tag's, which I doubt if you are🤣.

How about 10 county signs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldgrump said:

Yep 2 in Wales + 1 near M6 motorway and 2 more you couldn't find😂, Can't believe I never got back to Wales!!

If you are stuck for Tag's, which I doubt if you are🤣.

How about 10 county signs.

Maybe not allowing adjoining counties, or it’ll be 2 for the price of 1

Eg ‘welcome to Cornwall’ then turn round and it’s ‘welcome to Devon’ 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mickly said:

Maybe not allowing adjoining counties, or it’ll be 2 for the price of 1

Eg ‘welcome to Cornwall’ then turn round and it’s ‘welcome to Devon’ 😁

True, or you could just do counties beginning with letters, like A, B, C, etc etc.