How many miles on Metzler Road recently tyres?

S-Westerly

A bit pissed off as my Metzler rear tyre is showing signs of serious wear after only 6000 miles. Got 9k out of the Pirelli  Scorpion OEM. Anyone else used these tyres and if so what mileage did you get out of them?

• Like 1

I had bridgestone battleaxe adventurecross tourers on my Africa twin 3k in the rear was nearly shot when I picked up a nail the front is ready for replacement now at 3.5k. I struggled in November to get tyres there's seemed to be a supply issue and I couldn't get  avons anywhere. So the stock tyres were shite in short. I've opted for metzeler tourance next I'll see how they go only 500 miles in on the rear which metzeler have you got? 

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

A bit pissed off as my Metzler rear tyre is showing signs of serious wear after only 6000 miles. Got 9k out of the Pirelli  Scorpion OEM. Anyone else used these tyres and if so what mileage did you get out of them?

Hmmmm I was sure I put a reply to this 😂 

How did the tyre handle, you've been out in some pretty bad weather, is it a high Silica soft grippy compound? 

24 minutes ago, Bender said:

Hmmmm I was sure I put a reply to this 😂 

How did the tyre handle, you've been out in some pretty bad weather, is it a high Silica soft grippy compound? 

I think so  - Metzler Roadtec 01. Supposed to have a harder central compound strip which is the bit that's worn the worst. I've done about 1500 miles up and down the motorway between Gloucestershire and Morpeth in the last couple of months which has been fairly high speed (ahem). In crap weather they are really good and I like them a lot for corners and stuff they are rock solid. May just have to bite the bullet as the front tyre is in almost perfect nick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I think so  - Metzler Roadtec 01. Supposed to have a harder central compound strip which is the bit that's worn the worst. I've done about 1500 miles up and down the motorway between Gloucestershire and Morpeth in the last couple of months which has been fairly high speed (ahem). In crap weather they are really good and I like them a lot for corners and stuff they are rock solid. May just have to bite the bullet as the front tyre is in almost perfect nick.

See that's the thing once you have something you know works and grips and you trust its a gamble changing. 

Think as front is good I would be sticking with same. 

• Like 1

I'll be sticking with them I think. Just looked at some reviews and apparently for most higher mileage riders 6000 miles is about the norm. Guys who just commute in town and rarely thrash them get 8k plus. Certainly in all the crap I've ridden in they've never twitched not even on  wet snow or road markings unlike the Pirelli ones which were quite squirelly on white lines etc.

• Like 1

@S-Westerly

Review From tyre site 

only have a full motorcycle license and have commuted to work in all weather for the past 36years.. I have covered 8,700 on these tyres in 10 months and i can honestly say they are the best all weather tyre i have evey had. They inspire confidence in the wet and I will be purchasing a new set in the coming month. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the metzelers are better than the old bridgestone for me 3k was not good. I did want the Avon trail riders but couldn't get them and as I gad a nail in the rear these seemed the best I could get

On 07/01/2022 at 18:19, S-Westerly said:

Ive had mine on for maybe 4500 and its getting low already, m7rr. thinking of going to pilot road5 next or bridgestone 023.