Wot, no bar ends?

Pbassred

Dumb question but I'm only 5 years and 3 bikes in. My wife bought a new Honda Rebel 500 and on my job list is heated grips. But the grips on it are just completely enclosed rubber. So the normal Oxford kit would just leave a hole. I haven't seen that before. What do I do?

Possibly but I also have another problem  (that no one accepts is real): We have limited width access. I may need to cut the bars as it is. I want to avoid adding length if I can. Unless there are super slim bar ends out there.

Moving on ....

Thanks Tiggie.  You would think so and in fact I ordered some on Amazon yesterday.  They arrived literally 10 minutes ago.  Unfortunately, as I started work on this thing, well ..."no plan survives contact with the enemy".  The bars have sealed ends AND they are 1" AND the grips that I had intended to fit are for 22mm.  I have sent my wife off to sports bike shop for a cruiser set.  now I have a new set of problems:-

I still need to cut the bars but when the grips arrive I think they are sealed at the end, so the thread goes away.  The new issue is that the mirrors are as wide as the bars.  As a sports bike rider I am used to FOLDING mirrors.  These buggers are fixed so I need some kind of folding mirrors. ..... New thread?

• Sad 1