Ridiculous garage charges

Tiggie

Wifes car went in for a service last week. Its a lease car and she's got a maintenance package so we won't have anything to pay, no issues there.

Just looking at the invoice for work carried out and I see they have charged £91.06 to fit a new front wiper!! :shock:

Glad we are not paying it :lol:

Thats probably charged at that rate as they can get away with it due to it being leased! 

The same as insurance work!

A mate is a window fitter and has a load of insurance work to do and he has been told by someone to add 20% to the price and it will still be paid with no issues :shock:

• Like 1

Last car she had a similar thing happened. One of the front tyres was an advisory but still ok. They put four new tyres on!! :lol:

Bet they sold the other 3 as part worn as well

6 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Wifes car went in for a service last week. Its a lease car and she's got a maintenance package so we won't have anything to pay, no issues there.

Just looking at the invoice for work carried out and I see they have charged £91.06 to fit a new front wiper!! :shock:

Glad we are not paying it :lol:

But aren't you paying it via the lease at the end of the day?

24 minutes ago, Bender said:

Lease price is fixed, so if they charge 30 or 200 makes no odds. 

True - but the price of the lease is going to take into account servicing costs so it all chugs through the system in the end. If workshops charge silly money to work on leased cars the price of the lease is bound to increase. Same as when people make silly insurance claims thinking it's just the insurance companies paying out. Needless to say they don't swallow that cost, it gets shunted onto everyone's premiums.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

But aren't you paying it via the lease at the end of the day?

Without the maintenance package we would be liable for cost of any work done and replacement of tyres etc (it'd probably need doing at approved nissan garage too) 

It worked out at an extra £400 over 3 years for maintenance package. We figured she'd need new front tyres in the second year at least so thought it was worth the cost 

I do all work on my own car so I like to know I never have to do anything with her's :lol:

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

True - but the price of the lease is going to take into account servicing costs so it all chugs through the system in the end. If workshops charge silly money to work on leased cars the price of the lease is bound to increase. Same as when people make silly insurance claims thinking it's just the insurance companies paying out. Needless to say they don't swallow that cost, it gets shunted onto everyone's premiums.

It is and has been for years, they know the margins and its spread over all the lease cars. 

I didn't go lease because after 3yrs it cost more than just buying. 

As with insurance the folk making the silly claims will carry on because they don't give a shit about an increase of a few quid if they've made thousands.