so we may get new bikes and move to 1000cc

jedibiker

The mrs and I both want to move up in bike size, main reason actually to cruise at a lower rpm and a little more oomph as the 600 and 650 are quick anyway but we always look for another gear. and no dont want to mess with sprockets.

Initially we both thought about the FZ1S Yamaha, which I still love the look of. But when we saw them my mrs thinks its too large in size. (first time she ever said that) but a GSX1000F was sat near it and she loved it

Must admit I love the look of the GXS100F but it doesnt look like a big tail bag would fit on (which I own)

So, the long winded question is has anyone had or got the Suzuki and have done long tours.??

I saw the 1000z kwak but front looks really low.

I have had 1000's 1300's and 1200's and always look for another gear! it never stops so stop using it as an excuse :lol: 

You both want a 1000cc and are looking to buy one of the about! 

My advice is ride them and buy the ones you like you don't have to justify the change to anyone :thumb: 

Surely it's all about gearing and where the engine's power is delivered. On the CBF I'm often looking for 7th gear. On the Bobber you can't really use 6th anything below 80mph, and by then your head is bouncing around so much that just hanging on is entertainment enough.

• Haha 1

Odd. I often forgot there was a 6th gear on my VFR800. Speaking of which, why 1000cc? Give something like the Crossrunner or a later VFR800 (they’d sorted the VTEC on the later ones) a try.