Mint condition they say

Casually perusing classifieds for bikes. People's idea of mint condition seems to vastly differ from mine. Scuffs, scrapes, rusty rear shocks, swirly paintwork, crusty brake lines all seem to pass as mint condition. Am I unreasonable (in this situation I mean, clearly in general I'm unreasonable).

No perfectly reasonable in my opinion 

My bikes are loved and cared for, just ask @fastbob he bought one I had 3 years out of and I have posted pics of the others on here.

What some people describe as in mint condition I personally think belongs in a skip lol. 

Cheers 

Ian

• Like 1

Yes some people have no idea on what good condition is.

When I sold my bike to a dealer a couple of months ago. He couldn't stop smiling when he picked it up. I think he has had dealings with those same people you have seen adverts from before.

3 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

No perfectly reasonable in my opinion 

My bikes are loved and cared for, just ask @fastbob he bought one I had 3 years out of and I have posted pics of the others on here.

What some people describe as in mint condition I personally think belongs in a skip lol. 

Cheers 

Ian

Literally just got off it after riding 290 miles to Aberystwyth and back the interesting way . Lovely . Not one photo , I just didn't want to stop .  😁👍

• Like 3

On 08/08/2022 at 18:50, runningman said:

Or it did it take 145 miles trying to get it to stop? 😁🤔

You had better talk to Ian Frog ,the previous owner , about that . There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the brake(s) when I was trying to keep up as  he was tearing through the lanes of Northamptonshire with a passenger on board . So far I have found the single front brake to be more than adequate . Notice I said " Front Brake " . That's because , like Ian , I have never used the back brake yet . So there you go , another tired old Harley Davidson myth busted for you .  But I don't blame you . I didn't think too much of Harleys as riders machines .... Until I bought a couple . 

IMG_20220809_083318757.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/09/2022 at 09:05, goat said:

Apparently not . 

Screenshot_20220905-095635.png

The stainless pipes on the Speedtriple do discolour over time & as @S-Westerly says it takes a lot of Autosol & elbow grease to bring them back - apparently oven cleaner can be painted on left a while & then rinsed off to bring them back, anybody wanna give it a go?

3 hours ago, Mickly said:

The stainless pipes on the Speedtriple do discolour over time & as @S-Westerly says it takes a lot of Autosol & elbow grease to bring them back - apparently oven cleaner can be painted on left a while & then rinsed off to bring them back, anybody wanna give it a go?

Ducati forum recommends strong bleach which I can't say I'm keen on. Autosol and a scouring pad and a bored hour or so is the best I've come up with.