Failed CBT due to attire

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Have they been nicked off wallace and gromet Bob

Keep up . What is the title of the second Wallace and Grommet film ? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, keith1200rs said:

By the way, with credit card claims the bank usually just writes off the money and doesn't try to recover it from the supplier. Chargeback is different- that reverses the original transaction.  It depends how you paid. 

I paid by debit card so I think it has to be taken from the company

6 hours ago, Blackholesun said:

From what I've seen most people turn up in any old clobber for a cbt

And to be honest once they have passed, I rarely see anyone were something suitable. Flimsy trainers, flip flops, shorts, tank tops etc. I know its warm but personally id still rather have some protection. I wore the same bottoms when my fella took me on a pillion ride even though it was 33 degrees Celsius. Hot? Yes! did I feel more protected than wearing shorts? Absolutely!

I don't get why some are allowed to pass their CBT. The way they ride on those scooters is shocking!

Edited by Jemz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jemz said:

And to be honest once they have passed, I rarely see anyone were something suitable. Flimsy trainers, flip flops, shorts, tank tops etc. I know its warm but personally id still rather have some protection. I wore the same bottoms when my fella took me on a pillion ride even though it was 33 degrees Celsius. Hot? Yes! did I feel more protected than wearing shorts? Absolutely!

I don't get why some are allowed to pass their CBT. The way they ride on those scooters is shocking!

What makes you think they have even taken a CBT ? Or paid for the Scooter ? 

When I ride a bicycle I'm in trainers shorts and T-shirt, light gloves and helmet doing 30 downhill. Suddenly I get on a 50cc scooter and I'm irresponsible if I don't wear Triple A Rated boots,  jacket and trousers with D30 armour in 30 degree heat?

There's got to be some balance in there somewhere.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

When I ride a bicycle I'm in trainers shorts and T-shirt, light gloves and helmet doing 30 downhill. Suddenly I get on a 50cc scooter and I'm irresponsible if I don't wear Triple A Rated boots,  jacket and trousers with D30 armour in 30 degree heat?

I agree . But on the occasion I reached 46 mph going downhill on a bicycle with luggage , my bare elbows did start to feel very , very vulnerable ..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I agree . But on the occasion I reached 46 mph going downhill on a bicycle with luggage , my bare elbows did start to feel very , very vulnerable ..

Agreed. It's a debate I've been having with myself recently. I think my ATGATT principles have taken a bit of a hit with the hot weather and some short trips at slower speeds. The cooler weather will fix everything. 😊

33 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

I'm more referring to the ones that can't appear to ride! Some people take to it so naturally and are very confident riders, and experience obviously counts for a lot. I'm more so referring to the ones who appear dangerous or do stupid manoeuvres thus risking their skin. It's quite often the younger riders (obviously not all of them!)

Then again I can't say nothing as I don't even ride yet thanks to RideTo!!! Lol I've taken it up with Universal Motorcycle and they have 10 days to investigate. Will see what happens 

Edited by Jemz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jemz said:

I'm more referring to the ones that can't appear to ride! Some people take to it so naturally and are very confident riders, and experience obviously counts for a lot. I'm more so referring to the ones who appear dangerous or do stupid manoeuvres thus risking their skin. It's quite often the younger riders (obviously not all of them!)

Then again I can't say nothing as I don't even ride yet thanks to RideTo!!! Lol I've taken it up with Universal Motorcycle and they have 10 days to investigate. Will see what happens 

Best of luck with it. I think you have a very good case.

• Like 3

When I did my CBT the other guy was just wearing joggers, after the road ride they asked for our licenses so they could put the number on the CBT certificate. The other guy couldn't provide his as his trousers had been flapping around so much in the wind it had fallen out of his pocket at some point during the ride.

We also did the road section on MY-07's rather than 125's

Edited by Bungleaio

• 2 weeks later...

So an update...

The instructor sent a full report in and apparently he knows the difference between jeans and cotton trousers... funny that cause denim IS 100% cotton. He also tried to state that he thought it would be too dangerous for me to ride a manual for the first time without thicker bottoms... I wasn't booked for a manual. I was booked for an auto. He also referred to me as a "he" multiple times in the report and english is clearly his second language by the way he writes - not that it matters but for an official report to a complaint, I think it makes a little bit of difference.

It appears its his word against mine. He says he's happy to go to court. 

I've emailed the dvsa to see what they say and il go from there. Will go the chargeback route if I have to

• Like 5

I'd file the chargeback claim today. You've done all you can to try to get hold of what you paid for, and the company has refused to listen to you. Don't wait any longer - all you're doing by waiting is increasing the likelihood of running out of the time you have to appeal. The sooner you apply, the sooner you'll get your money back and move on.

• Like 3

In the meantime , just get some leather keks and move on . Unfortunately you're not the first woman to be treated badly by a motorcycle training school. You've got to ask yourself , why someone would want to be an instructor in the first place ? You can't tell me that a proportion of them  don't enjoy the feeling of power over others that it gives them .

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jemz said:

I've purchased some motorcycle jeans second hand barely worn so there won't be any confusion next time. Rebooked for 21st Oct with a different school.

Funnily enough the motorbike company messaged me back after I replied to their report basically saying they can see I'm still not happy so due to their 100% satisfaction policy, they can offer me a full refund...

Like really!?!? After all that back and forth-ing, they couldn't just offer that in the first place!? What a complete waste of peoples time... though I gather cause I kept replying and pushing the situation, they have to offer the refund. They said they have to ask the instructor to refund me... Good! Lol

I've got my own helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and motorbike jeans for next time. Not going through this bull again! Thank you all for backing me up. Made me feel more confident to fight it ❤️

Let us know how it goes 👍