Motorcycle Live

Stu

Is anyone going to the NEC Bike show? 

As always as soon as the date where announced I booked the hotel and am going on the 21st :cool: 

Hoping to get a new helmet each for me and the missus and maybe some leathers 

May go but it will be on one of the Saturdays due to work, might look at getting a HJC carbon flip up lid for touring. Not sure if we are going to drive or catch the train so I can have a beer.

It’s only £2:80 return in the train plus admission for me, so I’ll probably be there at some point.

If I go with the group of mates who work it will be the last Sunday, If I go with the other group of fellow shirkers and retirees it will be mid week.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely. I remember being at the NEC a few years back when the bike show was on and it was at the same time as the Finance Show in the next hall. Anyway I got on the same park & ride bus as all the bikers. When we got to the stop off for the Finance Show the driver said "anyone for the finance show this is your stop". I got a right round of abuse from the bikers when I walked down the aisle to get off the bus. This year it will be as a biker!

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

Enjoyed the show today but a bit deflated by the lack of deals on offer. I wanted heated gloves, Gerbing offered zero show discount. I wanted a tank bag, Shad, zero discount, Givi the same. I did find a discount on an Adventure Bike Rider T shirt so I said sling a medium in a bag please. Got home to find an XXL for my troubles. Looking at some of the bikes though really makes you feel what you already have is inadequate. Damn show!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, veracocha said:

Enjoyed the show today but a bit deflated by the lack of deals on offer. I wanted heated gloves, Gerbing offered zero show discount. I wanted a tank bag, Shad, zero discount, Givi the same. I did find a discount on an Adventure Bike Rider T shirt so I said sling a medium in a bag please. Got home to find an XXL for my troubles. Looking at some of the bikes though really makes you feel what you already have is inadequate. Damn show!

So on that basis I won't be getting a bargain helmet at the show then :( 

27 minutes ago, veracocha said:

To be fair I saw very busy stands where helmets were selling well so quite possibly you might get a deal. 

Even if its a tenner off I will be happy as I am buying one regardless of if its at the show or not! 

Got a nice HJC helmet with sun visor and pinlock for £90 today. Will do nicely on my commute.

On a side note, I'm thinking of trading in the cbf in the new year for a BMW750. Sat on it today on the motoraad stand, lowered suspension so 760mm seat height, in triple black. 

Likey Likey a lot

• Like 2

Of all the bikes I saw yesterday there was one that I couldn't stop thinking about at and unlike me, I saw it as a thing of beauty and not as a tool which is pretty much how I see everything I own.  It was a Kawasaki Z900 black & yellow job that was oldish school looking. If I was a man of means that would sit in the corner of my lounge just being purty! 

• Like 4