First big bike

daveinlim

6 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

My experience (driving a car) says that your premium will increase even if you've had an accident that was 100% the fault of the other party.

I was stopped at lights and someone when into the back of me. Cant get much more non fault than that. I expected a rise but not literally double. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveinlim said:

My renewal quote now says otherwise.

Screenshot_2023-01-13-14-49-05-24_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

I also said ... You "should" keep your NCB then ... As long as the insurance companies don't go "knock for knock"!

Looks like they went knock for knock!

I also said ... You "should" keep your NCB then ... As long as the insurance companies don't go "knock for knock"!

That's a grim outcome. 

But it's absolutely true that insurers hike premiums if you've had a no fault accident,  even if the other party admit liability and pay for repairs.  

It's why I try to sort things out without involving the insurers if at all possible.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

That's a grim outcome. 

But it's absolutely true that insurers hike premiums if you've had a no fault accident,  even if the other party admit liability and pay for repairs.  

It's why I try to sort things out without involving the insurers if at all possible.  

Structural damage wasnt too bad but needed all new plastics, lights, headlight housing and damaged engine casing, pegs and new exhaust. Would have nearly bought a new bike by the time all the bits were done so was forced into insurance. If it was something that would buff out I'd keep insurance out of it 

• Like 1

Shite that's rough.

My premiums shot up when the Tiger was stolen, even though my ncb was protected. They said it was because I was now classified as a higher risk.

Clever these insurance folk; they have an answer for everything, and it's usually one that works in their favour. 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

My experience (driving a car) says that your premium will increase even if you've had an accident that was 100% the fault of the other party.

Unfortunately they say statistically your more likely to be involved in another accident once you've had one 🤔 basically any excuse to bump up the premium. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bender said:

Unfortunately they say statistically your more likely to be involved in another accident once you've had one 🤔 basically any excuse to bump up the premium. 

That's what they say alright. If they find out about the incident and even if you don't claim you're premium will go up. Madness!

• Like 3