First big bike

daveinlim

44 minutes ago, Troy said:

Looks nice! If you ever decide to get a more modern version, try the 650F next.

I did have a look at the 650f. It's a nice bike but I couldn't really see the benefit of the extra cost other than a newer licence plate. It's got less power and slightly heavier, non adjustable forks and I don't like the display. The newer 650r is a great looking bike but for a first big bike I think a used bike rather than new is probably best. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Aaaannd she's gone.

Got hit from behind when stopped in traffic. 

I'm relatively ok, just really annoyed but the bikes in pieces.

Insurance says it's not worth trying to fix so I'm taking the cash. Bike was taken away this morning. 

Was a great bike, there's a good chance I'll get another in the new year when the cold snap ends. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, daveinlim said:

Aaaannd she's gone.

Got hit from behind when stopped in traffic. 

I'm relatively ok, just really annoyed but the bikes in pieces.

Insurance says it's not worth trying to fix so I'm taking the cash. Bike was taken away this morning. 

Was a great bike, there's a good chance I'll get another in the new year when the cold snap ends. 

Sorry to hear that same with my car earlier in the year they gave me a decent price. Now maybe a good time to look lots of stock to clear for new spring models 

• Like 1

Rookie insurance mistake: asking a reasonable question and expecting a rational answer. 🤣

Edited by bonio
to add helpful emoji
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fleck said:

Glad you're OK 👍 now you can get a new CB750 Hornet 🤩

I was excited when the hornet concept came out. The final product, not so much. It'll be a decent bike but the final product just doesn't do it for me. 

I've had an mt07 for the last 6 weeks as a loan and I'm not really enjoying it as much as some do. 

Another I4 or a triple will be the next bike. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

It's a no claims bonus not a no blames bonus. 

Claim is a claim regardless of whose fault it is. Just another way insurance companies fk us all

You shouldn't lose your no claims if the accident was proven to be the other persons fault!!

I had a accident in my Van in 2021 and the insurance company suspended my no claims because it was on a roundabout, the other driver ran into nearside of van exiting the roundabout!!!!!!

Anyway it took a year before he admitted liability, luckily the damage only came to £1600, but in the mean time my premium went up on renewal, because of lost of no claim.

At the end insurance company reinstated my no claims, and refunded my money.

And van went to who I wanted to do the repairs instead of some insurance spray shop run by monkeys who seem not to be able to spray!!!!!

But yes you shouldn't lose your No Claims, I would fight that with your insurer's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/12/2022 at 14:18, daveinlim said:

Looks like I'll get the full price of the bike back but my no claims bonus is gone even though it wasn't my fault. 

If you claimed on your insurance you will lose your NCB... If you go through the other/guilty parties insurance you shouldn't!

4 hours ago, daveinlim said:

I was excited when the hornet concept came out. The final product, not so much. It'll be a decent bike but the final product just doesn't do it for me. 

I've had an mt07 for the last 6 weeks as a loan and I'm not really enjoying it as much as some do. 

Another I4 or a triple will be the next bike. 

What don’t you like about the mt07?

4 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

If you claimed on your insurance you will lose your NCB... If you go through the other/guilty parties insurance you shouldn't!

The guy that hit me has admitted liability so it's all coming off his insurance. I'm not sure about my NCB, I'll fight it when it comes up for renewal 

1 hour ago, Blackholesun said:

What don’t you like about the mt07?

Nice bike just not one for me. I'm used to a fairing now so it felt a bit windy, the initial throttle response feels laggy (probably due to euro 5), small tank and I don't think it's a particularly handsome machine. A lot of that is subjective to individual tastes. There's nothing wrong with it, just doesn't do it for me.

20 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

The guy that hit me has admitted liability so it's all coming off his insurance. I'm not sure about my NCB, I'll fight it when it comes up for renewal 

You "should" keep your NCB then ... As long as the insurance companies don't go "knock for knock"!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...