Insurance problem with police and small number plate issue

Romans

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Better plan - don't break the law in the first place. Apart from speeding.

And when stopped and asked "why were you going so quickly?" the answer should be,

"You see this rubber grip on the handlebar? When it gets twisted back more fuel enters the engine and the whole thing just takes off..."

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Davidtav said:

Just out of interest … why do you exclude speeding?

Due to my weak willed nature I cannot help myself and do speed although only on NSL roads. Guilty your honour. Over the years I've had the points to prove it although never more than 6 at one time. Currently clean mainly due to clever electronics.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Due to my weak willed nature I cannot help myself and do speed although only on NSL roads. Guilty your honour. Over the years I've had the points to prove it although never more than 6 at one time. Currently clean mainly due to clever electronics.

Yeah. I wasn’t judging you in the slightest. I see a great difference between doing 40 in a 30 to doing 80 on a motorway. I do try to keep roughly to the speed limits but I’m not perfect

• Like 1

Just have an eye out for randomly parked transit type vans. See these all the time in the East Midlands. Often parked up on faster roads leading into or out of villages where the speed limit has already dropped or has yet to be increased as well as on faster roads where the temptation for silly speeds is overwhelming. It’s easier in this country than over in the eu as the police there tend more towards random stealth tactics and are almost impossible to see. By comparison we actually have it very easy. White vans and shouty hiviz clothing. Easier to spot than someone wearing a dark green uniform and standing in a shadowy doorway or next to a line of trees.

but getting back to the thread subject. If you make it obvious that you don’t really care much about the rules, and few things are more obvious than a small numberplate.  You are going to attract attention and it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise if the copper then looks at you and your bike with a lot more rigour. If you want a small numberplate. Buy a short, 4 or 5 digit plate. Preferably with a lot of I’s and 1’s in it.

• Like 2

On 14/11/2022 at 13:19, KiwiBob said:

Why ride a bike with an illegal numberplate? .. It's just asking for trouble!

"If your motorcycle’s number plate does not comply with UK laws, you could face a fine of up to £1,000. Additionally, if you take your motorbike in for an MOT, you will not pass".

Some number plates are just plain stupid and your asking for a tap on the shoulder from uncle Bill. However depending on the age of the bike some number plates can be made a bit smaller, you have to look on the .gov site to find out. I had a Harley FXR and that could have a smaller number plate. You then have to get someone to make the plate for you.

On 19/11/2022 at 19:57, Gerontious said:

Just have an eye out for randomly parked transit type vans. See these all the time in the East Midlands. Often parked up on faster roads leading into or out of villages where the speed limit has already dropped or has yet to be increased as well as on faster roads where the temptation for silly speeds is overwhelming. It’s easier in this country than over in the eu as the police there tend more towards random stealth tactics and are almost impossible to see. By comparison we actually have it very easy. White vans and shouty hiviz clothing. Easier to spot than someone wearing a dark green uniform and standing in a shadowy doorway or next to a line of trees.

but getting back to the thread subject. If you make it obvious that you don’t really care much about the rules, and few things are more obvious than a small numberplate.  You are going to attract attention and it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise if the copper then looks at you and your bike with a lot more rigour. If you want a small numberplate. Buy a short, 4 or 5 digit plate. Preferably with a lot of I’s and 1’s in it.

And there is another type of van that parks dangerously for 5 minute intervals where ever there are houses.

Always watch for the person leaping out in high viz jacket as they launch a package into the nearest garden.

When these are not parked up they are normally found comping on your back wheel before they do an emergency stop when they see there next target garden.

On 23/11/2022 at 15:05, fullscreenaging said:

I don’t think he liked the answers and doubt he’ll be back. 

Another one lost wonder

Hope he at least comes back and tells us the outcome.   At least he was looking for advice not trying to promote his next latest youtube content…

• Like 1