Hello Everyone

Erika88

Great forum, slowly reading through as a complete newbie.

I stupidly went to the Bike Show in Brum a few weeks back with my friends, I knew nothing about bikes until then, loved the show, I was like a meerkat looking at all the shinny motorbikes and thought, I want one lol.

Just completed my CBT last week and been reading on what I can get 125cc, so far I’m looking at a new FB Mondial HPS, Mutt Hilts, AJS Scrambler and Hyosung Aquila. I know I’ll get condemned mentioning these cheap bikes but they are the ones I like for now, so all ears open to any advice tbh. My goal will be a DAS after a while on the 125 and then I can actually stop slobbering over the Triumphs and Ducatis I fell in love with at the show…

I’m giving up 4 legged horse power for two wheel horse power now, it’s a damn sight cheaper for starters and looks more fun tbh for me now having just come back from my hols using a twist and go 50 cc and loved it 🥂

Erika

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Erika88 said:

I’m giving up 4 legged horse power for two wheel horse power now, it’s a damn sight cheaper for starters

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

If you have the bug your stuffed, bikes don’t need green fields.  They do however like warm garages, and expensive extras, then there is clothing…

They don’t require vets, just mechanics or and best solution is your own set of spanners.

There is no need for farriers and shoes just tyres.

Dont get me wrong, it’s not a bad decision. Then I am not a fan of horses big strong minded and more dangerous than bikes some say.

You have obviously done your home work regarding bikes. Depending on your age some will say go straight for big bike, I took your route.  There are plenty of roads to explore on a 125cc and being in a city they are more nimble.  Get used to being on the roads on a old hack before going for the race horse.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Edited by onesea
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the group .... You think horses are expensive .... Now you've been bitten by the motorcycling bug, prepare to be permanently skint, and continually looking for excuses to rationalise buying more parts or another new bike! 😁

• Like 1