Challenge 2023 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

58 minutes ago, Throttled said:

My attempt at completing the North of Scotland failed, due to storm Agnes. I bailed out a day early from the campsite in Dingwall.

Gutted for you, but there’s always next year. You must have done a few miles to get up as far up as you did, and ridden some fantastic roads.l’m definitely going back next year, I only got as far as Fort William on my trip a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

The ride up was in heavy rain, then I pitched my tent in the dry, which was opposite to what the forecast had said. I bailed out to friends in Inverness, but the big storm never really materialised, again contrary to the forecast. I still got three days good riding and 9 tags.

• Like 7

On 29/09/2023 at 09:20, Throttled said:

The ride up was in heavy rain, then I pitched my tent in the dry, which was opposite to what the forecast had said. I bailed out to friends in Inverness, but the big storm never really materialised, again contrary to the forecast. I still got three days good riding and 9 tags.

Hi @Throttled, must admit thought I had bumped into you at Tarvie service's on Tuesday 12th, there was a guy on a green Kawasaki, but it was a Z1000sx, we were based in Aviemore for 11 nights, weather stayed pretty good, only 1 morning's  ride down to the Cluanie Inn did it rain.

Run up to the top at Durness was fun with the motorhomes!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

That's me done for this year, managed to complete all my chosen regions and even sneaked over the boarder to get some bonus points, whilst passing. 

image.thumb.png.b53d24ac5a7aadab4c826a5b92259b2d.png

Thanks to @Hoggs for organising, I've had a great time doing this. Looking foreword to see where you send us, and what you have instore for the bonus rounds next year!

• Like 8

On 01/11/2023 at 09:11, teo63 said:

That's me done for this year, managed to complete all my chosen regions and even sneaked over the boarder to get some bonus points, whilst passing. 

image.thumb.png.b53d24ac5a7aadab4c826a5b92259b2d.png

Thanks to @Hoggs for organising, I've had a great time doing this. Looking foreword to see where you send us, and what you have instore for the bonus rounds next year!

Well done Teo.  One day I look forward to doing the challenge.  I don't think i could make it on my 50 maybe some pub names, that is it 🙂

Near Lydney there is a pub called the cock inn lol

1 minute ago, janinej said:

Well done Teo.  One day I look forward to doing the challenge.  I don't think i could make it on my 50 maybe some pub names, that is it 🙂

Near Lydney there is a pub called the cock inn lol

Every point counts! 😎

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At the beginning of the year I asked @Hoggs, to include the AA boxes I missed last year,  so we thought we better get off our arses and complete them, so 1 today on a 3 day trip to Wales,  and probably last run of the year 😂

• Like 3

10 hours ago, oldgrump said:

At the beginning of the year I asked @Hoggs, to include the AA boxes I missed last year,  so we thought we better get off our arses and complete them, so 1 today on a 3 day trip to Wales,  and probably last run of the year 😂

Have a good trip, hope its not too damp

• Like 2

6 hours ago, teo63 said:

I've heard its double point for any tags acquired on a 50 😉🤥😂

like a Black Friday thing? lol

sod it DOUBLE POINTS UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR FOR TAGS ACHIEVED ON A 50CC ! 

• Haha 3

On 21/11/2023 at 07:34, teo63 said:

Have a good trip, hope its not too damp

More cold than damp, must be getting old never use to feel this cold on the bike😬.

Anyway @Hoggs, thank you for another excellent year of getting out and having fun!!!!! 

Hopefully you will find time to put together another one for next year, and I look forward to the 31st December🤣.

But I think we are done for this year, can't see us using the bike much now until next year👍

• Like 4

Is it spring yet 😂I must be getting bored already! I've added my photo tags to a copy of @Hoggs map as a reminder of warmer, happy times.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1D4kLfoPtME4OQZCdwXJw9HSEivZ_2DI&usp=sharing

Feel free to add yours if you feel so inclined, @oldgrump should allow a couple of weeks to get them all on 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, teo63 said:

Is it spring yet 😂I must be getting bored already! I've added my photo tags to a copy of @Hoggs map as a reminder of warmer, happy times.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1D4kLfoPtME4OQZCdwXJw9HSEivZ_2DI&usp=sharing

Feel free to add yours if you feel so inclined, @oldgrump should allow a couple of weeks to get them all on 😂

amazing!! 

• Like 1

On 21/11/2023 at 23:03, Hoggs said:

In other news I'll probably do a points tally tomorrow evening so post your stuff up before then 🤣

Thanks for the update @Hoggs

Looks like I missed out posting the pic of KNIGHTSHAYES, unfortunately it has been permanently deleted & gone to pixel heaven only to be reborn as an AI generated video of Nigel Farage getting spanked by Ru Paul 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Thanks for the update @Hoggs

Looks like I missed out posting the pic of KNIGHTSHAYES, unfortunately it has been permanently deleted & gone to pixel heaven only to be reborn as an AI generated video of Nigel Farage getting spanked by Ru Paul 🤮

.... I mean... 😬 🤣🤣

OK well if you swear on this piece of cheese 🧀  you did go I'll give you the points 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoggs said:

.... I mean... 😬 🤣🤣

OK well if you swear on this piece of cheese 🧀  you did go I'll give you the points 

I would happily place my hand upon your Stinking Bishop & swear I was there 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

On 28/11/2023 at 16:16, teo63 said:

Hi @teo63, probably be a year before I could even work out how to load 1 photo on to map!!!

But good on you looks good 👍

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bungleaio said:

Will there be a challenge next year? I fancy taking part if it is.

Hey hey

Yes. I'm attempting to start on it now but it will inevitably be panic on the 28th like every other year 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2