Challenge 2023 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

Want to moan about a tag? Want to tell me how awesome I am? Both are welcome here but I prefer the latter.

For any new players, it may surprise you but I don't actually go to all the places. I rely on the magic of google maps to try and ensure I am not sending you down any insanity roads (if your satnav does that's not on me) however it does mean that occassionally places may have closed or changed name. As long as you are in the right vicinity you're gonna get the points but if you can let me know any issues and I will rename / find a local alternative as necessary.

It's all about fun, there are only a few rules and the Hoggs special rounds are open to interpretation - in fact this is actively encouraged - so enjoy yourselves getting out and about! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Does the Griffin Inn count as both a lion and an eagle? Asking for a friend 😁

Oh & a mythical beast as well?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Oh & a mythical beast as well?

ha!

no 🤣

🤣  I'm disallowing it as a bird as I feel it doesn't lay eggs. You can totally have it as a mythical beast though 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fastbob said:

I've been aware of this thing for years but what exactly is it ? 

Basically you register here https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/topic/47765-challenge-2023-registration

Picking a number no one else has between 1 & 999

Make a sign with the number on 

Ride you bike to the locations on the map and take a pic of your bike at the location and post it on this thread https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/topic/47787-challenge-2023-map-and-pictures-only

go to your profile and add yourself 10 points per tag 

List of all the topics that you should try and read to get the full details 

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/tags/Challenge 2023/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldgrump said:

Hi @Hoggs, Cheers for setting up another year, just a quick question, the Naughty names, I take it as many as you can find over the year!!!

Or is that 10? 15? + Bonus.

Good question, rightly or wrongly I have assumed 10+ bonus, I await correction 😀

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CB999 said:

Good question, rightly or wrongly I have assumed 10+ bonus, I await correction 😀

oooooooh

OK the first 10 gets you 10 points each plus the bonus (50).....

but if you want to carry on going if they amuse me you can have another 5 points per additional find.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, oudafuq said:

is that it?

seems a bit open to abuse...

How so? 

There is nothing to win its just for fun and to get out and about and ride the bike so the only thing people would be cheating is themselves 

Should maybe start charging £5 entry and make it a competition and the winner takes all :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

How so? 

There is nothing to win its just for fun and to get out and about and ride the bike so the only thing people would be cheating is themselves 

Should maybe start charging £5 entry and make it a competition and the winner takes all :lol: 

i would have thought youd need to show ya bike or sommat 

looks fun tho

• Like 1

You can't always park safely close enough to the tag - Especially when you ride a big bike!

Ever tried getting a Triumph Rocket III out of a hedge - I had to find help from a nearby farm - I won't be doing that with the Harley!!!

Backing Up Homer Simpson GIF by Brawl Stars

Edited by Grumpy Old Git
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, oudafuq said:

i would have thought youd need to show ya bike or sommat 

looks fun tho

Ideally your bike in the pick but some you can't get to on bike so your sign and number is enough for us :thumb: 

• Like 1

It’s not about the winning its more a go at getting 2nd😀……..…….…..

…… for me it’s the motivation to get out and about, add to this the South West Rally, Welsh Rally, National Rally, Scottish Rally etc. and you can become very focused indeed 🏍️🏍️🏍️

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CB999 said:

It’s not about the winning its more a go at getting 2nd😀……..…….…..

…… for me it’s the motivation to get out and about, add to this the South West Rally, Welsh Rally, National Rally, Scottish Rally etc. and you can become very focused indeed 🏍️🏍️🏍️

You missed out the TMBF Rally!

• Like 1