Challenge 2023 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

3 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

You can't always park safely close enough to the tag - Especially when you ride a big bike!

Ever tried getting a Triumph Rocket III out of a hedge - I had to find help from a nearby farm - I won't be doing that with the Harley!!!

Backing Up Homer Simpson GIF by Brawl Stars

I once managed to drop the back wheel of the Speedtriple down a ditch at the side of a very narrow road doing a 3 point turn having missed a tag  … I was very lucky to have retrieved the situation without needing any help, which was just as well as I hadn’t seen any traffic for ages & it was in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

It is not mythical and surely 'other' should be something you have not used in another group??

However, @Hoggs is the judge, jury and executioner so...... 

Ahh In my searching I miss-read magical as mythical - should try to find a magical pub too!! 

I meant - if it is not 6 - then I could use it as 10!

6 hours ago, oudafuq said:

is that it?

seems a bit open to abuse...

I pop in occasionally to ensure people aren't taking the piss 🤣

but its all about just having fun on your bike 🏍 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Or, we could collect the money and give it to @OldGrump and then go out for a ride!

Cor, getting paid for what I love doing😂, that's a bonus in life!! :cheers:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CB999 said:

It’s not about the winning its more a go at getting 2nd😀……..…….…..

…… for me it’s the motivation to get out and about, add to this the South West Rally, Welsh Rally, National Rally, Scottish Rally etc. and you can become very focused indeed 🏍️🏍️🏍️

Are you doing the South West Rally this year? If so will have to keep a eye open for you.

And there's nothing wrong in being focused😂, just fills up the bloody shelves a bit🤭

And missus hate's cleaning them all!!!

SAM_4759.JPG

SAM_4762.JPG

• Like 4

9 hours ago, oldgrump said:

Are you doing the South West Rally this year?

No, not fit enough as yet, not done that one since 2016 and following on from the Covid debacle and then health issues I’m still building up to revisit the SWPSR and Welsh events, fingers crossed I will get there before I get too ancient 😀

• Like 2

9 hours ago, oldgrump said:

Are you doing the South West Rally this year? If so will have to keep a eye open for you.

And there's nothing wrong in being focused😂, just fills up the bloody shelves a bit🤭

And missus hate's cleaning them all!!!

SAM_4759.JPG

SAM_4762.JPG

impressive array of trophies there, mine end up in the loft

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CB999 said:

It’s not about the winning its more a go at getting 2nd😀……..…….…..

…… for me it’s the motivation to get out and about, add to this the South West Rally, Welsh Rally, National Rally, Scottish Rally etc. and you can become very focused indeed 🏍️🏍️🏍️

Does that mean I won last year then 😂😂 I incorporated into the snrr last year, that was a busy day😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teo63 said:

Does that mean I won last year then 😂😂 I incorporated into the snrr last year, that was a busy day😂

I was referring to the TMBF Challenge, I would never get near last years winning total 😃 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, CB999 said:

No, not fit enough as yet, not done that one since 2016 and following on from the Covid debacle and then health issues I’m still building up to revisit the SWPSR and Welsh events, fingers crossed I will get there before I get too ancient 😀

Yea that's the problem, I always looked forward to retiring and just riding the bike more, now I'm retired I'm knackered!!!! Bit's keep going wrong and I never seem to have the energy😂.

But saying that 3 of us doing the SWSPR, and 4 doing the Welsh, which I actually found easy last year with the new format! 

25 minutes ago, oldgrump said:

Yea that's the problem, I always looked forward to retiring and just riding the bike more, now I'm retired I'm knackered!!!! Bit's keep going wrong and I never seem to have the energy😂.

But saying that 3 of us doing the SWSPR, and 4 doing the Welsh, which I actually found easy last year with the new format! 

I took the opportunity to retire slightly early due to my encounter with the big C, I mistakenly thought I would have plenty of time to get out and rattle up the miles, how wrong I was 😀, I seem to have less time to do what I think I want to do than I did squeezing it into the weekend 😀, hopefully I will have plenty of years to practice getting things right 🤞🤞

I have read a lot about the new format not all good, glad to hear that it works for you, keep up the good work!!

I do hope to get a crack at those two again but I have a bit of work to do first convincing my body that it’s a good idea 👍 

On 28/01/2023 at 18:01, CB999 said:

It’s not about the winning its more a go at getting 2nd😀……..…….….

Says the person that for the last 2 New Year’s Days has got up at the crack of dawn to get the first tag of the year. 🤬😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ll get you next year…. May be.

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, JRH said:

Says the person that for the last 2 New Year’s Days has got up at the crack of dawn to get the first tag of the year. 🤬😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ll get you next year…. May be.

it was only by 8 minutes wasn’t it 😁, and that was only because your phone wouldn’t work fast enough 👍👍

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, CB999 said:

it was only by 8 minutes wasn’t it 😁, and that was only because your phone wouldn’t work fast enough 👍👍

We will get coordinated for next year. 👍

I need to get out and scrub the new front tyre in and catch up with your tag points. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JRH said:

We will get coordinated for next year. 👍

I need to get out and scrub the new front tyre in and catch up with your tag points. 😁

I’m out in the morning if you are about, I have to go to Shipston to pick up a clock

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Hoggs said:

I don't mean to toot my own horn... but naughty place names is possibly the best idea I've ever had 🤣🤣

It’s also handy that we can carryon past the 10 as there are so many around and easy to get out too in the chillier weather without freezing ones naughty name bits off……

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiddlesticks said:

With regards to @JRH 's latest pictures.  I note with schoolboy amusement that Knob Hill goes both ways.

Knob hill goes 3 ways. 

C244B320-B595-4166-A7E4-37384FE2DB9C.png

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

I still can't get me boot on after an op on my foot 😩 Can you all just slow down a bit, or take a couple of weeks off 😂😂

image.png.371ae3f4d3edbfc45b662eaab5fa9001.png

• Haha 5