Selling value of Honda CBR650F

I'm selling my trusty Honda CBR650F.  Details are below.  I was thinking of putting it up for £4300 - is this price too low, should I put it for more?  (I've never sold a motorbike before)

Full Service History.  1 Owner
Major Service (Shim Service) carried out 10/2022 - next service due 10/23 
I've had this from new and it's never let me down.  Some minor damage from stationary fall (u-turn on a hill..), plus minor paintwork damage from using ABBA stand
Comes with two keys, and original manual
Includes service book, and all service documentation from new
Cleaned and maintained regularly.  ACF50 applied twice a year

Date of first registration -  01/08/2016
Mileage - 15696
MOT expires 07/2023
Taxed till 07/2023

20230109_131116_PS.jpg

20230109_131148_PS.jpg

20230109_131212_PS.jpg

20230109_131226_PS.jpg

20230109_131241_PS.jpg

20230109_131248_PS.jpg

20230109_131253_PS.jpg

20230109_131335_PS.jpg

20230109_131342_PS.jpg

__MG_3864_04_1080.jpg

__MG_6734_1080.jpg

__MG_7553_1080.jpg

__MG_7570_1080.jpg

20220925_171237 copy.jpg

Motor Bike Clean 05-2020 copy.jpg

Edited by MotorBike001
spelling
  • Like 1

Have a look on auto trader, eBay, mcn to what sort of price other bikes of same year, mileage and condition are going for. 

Also tax doesn’t carry over to the new owner anymore. You will get a refund when you sell for any months outstanding and the new owner must tax the bike before riding the bike away. 

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 1

Its Shite Selling Bikes, you will nearly always find, the buyer doesn't want to pay the asking price and wants it for nothing. I would say you've priced it at an attractive price that will draw some attention. I personally wouldn't drop any lower, if you can hold out for the price that is. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies guys - I put it on AutoTrader last night.  Never thought about checking Ebay, MCN and the bikemarket.

I've held onto it for 2 months as I'm no rush to sell it (as long as it goes by 4 weeks or so :)), and think I might get a better price this time of year.

• Like 2

Good luck with the Sale. I cant make my mind up if its a good time or not, with high bills and mortgages etc, but then I see people spending like its the last day on earth, buying bikes and eating out etc. I just don't get it.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Yes good time of year to advertise it. Best of luck with the sale are you buying another bike?

Thanks mate.  I got a new Kwak 1000SX last Sep, and was going to keep both bikes.  But the reality is that I'll hardly ever ride the 650F and I could do with money too.. (for day trips :))

20 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Good luck with the Sale. I cant make my mind up if its a good time or not, with high bills and mortgages etc, but then I see people spending like its the last day on earth, buying bikes and eating out etc. I just don't get it.   

I think any time there's a (semi) "recession" there will always be people who carry on spending as they were, or even spend more because they need a break from life.
The number of new bikes that I see all the time sort of proves it - but it could be the older generation  Bikes are relatively cheap for the enjoyment you get out of them - that's what I tell myself 😁

• Like 4