Pcso visit....

k3lv

So Sunday was doing a front brake caliper rebuild on the gsxr and out of nowhere a pcso is at my door ...she steps in and wants a word with a bike owner , apparently someone's grassed me in and gave my reg for me "racing" around my estate...anyways after what she called a friendly warning to pack it in it got the other half thinkin .....would they mark my bike now and every time lil Jonny do good rings them I'll be pulled or what?  ....it's odd she had my reg and address but didn't have my name ......also 1st time the bike went out and it was to take it to mot (topped 25 mph on my estate) she also stated the bike was currently off the road .....I just found the whole thing very odd she was here 3-4 mins tops I've actually called the local station to speak to her more and get more details currently awaiting her call ...sorry for chuntering on ...has anyone else had this happen and what was the outcome ? 

• Like 1

I recall my dad once getting followed home by a motorcycle sitting inches from the back wing of his car. He directed some pointed advice out of his window ("learn how to ride that flaming thing!") and then found himself being followed and his plate being written down by the guy.

An hour later, the biker, who happened to be a cop, phoned the house and was telling my dad to come in for an interview. He was being investigated for some driving offense. The old man told the cop on that he would be doing no such thing, that the guy was a danger on the roads, and to give him his name, badge number and the details of his chief.

The whole thing went away after the superior officer was subjected to a very firm phone call.

Never heard anything else about it, they probably didn't want the grief.

• Like 2

sounds like you have a friendly neighbourhood curtain twitcher. the type who spends all their time looking for something to complain about. My bet is that this person is well known to the police and somehow this complaint slipped through the filter. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 2

I'm not aware of it being cloned .....I'll have to look into that ....it's hard to speed on my estate it's a new build so roads are super narrow and to be honest I ain't skilled enough to speed through these streets ....I don't even think I'd risk a fast push bike ride lol thanks for replies I'm waiting to see if the pcso will call me back and find out more 

I'd guess an anti bike curtain twitcher with nothing better to do. Probably the same one who grasses the kids for playing football on random  bits of grass; sadly there's a few of them about.

• Like 2

If your certain it's not you then I would be telling them to come back with evidence or shut the feck up.

I'm all for holding hands up when the need arises but I'm buggered if I would be taking flack for something I've not done, I've been in that position with the police before and made an official complaint, it's funny how things change when you do that 

• Like 4

Dang it this makes me cross. Ask her (politely of course) what you've done that breaks the law. And when she says "well, nothing but..." just ask her (politely again) to leave. If she continues to argue, say you can't speak to her any further before taking legal advice. I think that will put her off any more "friendly" warnings.

Probably a better idea though just to thank her for her trouble and offer her a cup of tea. Otherwise she's sure to find something on your bike that breaks the law, if she possibly can.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, k3lv said:

Well still not heard from her as of yet .....but there were a couple of bikes on the estate last night so maybe I'll get another visit this weekend 🤣

Shall we all pop over for a cuppa? We can compare exhaust notes. 

• Haha 2

Just now, geofferz said:

Shall we all pop over for a cuppa? We can compare exhaust notes. 

Lmao i was actually tempted to get a bunch of bikes round but got a feeling it would back fire on me and I'll end up with an asbo ....if asbos are still a thing lol 

2 hours ago, k3lv said:

Lmao i was actually tempted to get a bunch of bikes round but got a feeling it would back fire on me and I'll end up with an asbo ....if asbos are still a thing lol 

Don't think they can do you for having mates round... 

• Like 1

I'm sure they would try. I've noticed there were a few bikes on my estate but all have vanished and a slew of Audi's have appeared....maybe they just hate bikes round here lol my neighbours have an Audi S3 (fully max powered out) and have never received a complaint and he drives like a nutcase 

• Like 1