New guy here i just have a quick question

jrayfield21

I'm 19 and I have been riding on the road for about a year, I just have a quick question about licenses. Once my CBT has expired after 2 years am I able to get training for an A2 license?

You will need to have a current cbt along with theory test pass to take an A2 or A1 license.

Just had a look at a couple of schools in my area and they say they require the above before training too. :thumb:

11 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

You will need to have a current cbt along with theory test pass to take an A2 or A1 license.

Just had a look at a couple of schools in my area and they say they require the above before training too. :thumb:

Alright thanks, so im guessing i will have to do my CBT again as well as passing my theory and then i can get an A2

15 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Pretty much. Very annoying I know :roll:

Good luck :thumb:

Thank you, this is probably one of the reasons why not a lot of young people are properly getting into riding

Edited by jrayfield21
  • Like 1

Yup, they do pretty much everything they can to put you off and get a car instead:sad:

But you don't need to wait 2 years to take your A2 test. If you've passed a CBT and theory test in the last two years, you're eligible to go and take them now. 

If you are 19 now and have a current CBT you could just do the A2 test. 

You'd need to get your theory test ((ETA somehow missed the post above! opps!)

Or is your CBT about to run out?

Edited by Tigs

17 hours ago, bonio said:

Yup, they do pretty much everything they can to put you off and get a car instead:sad:

But you don't need to wait 2 years to take your A2 test. If you've passed a CBT and theory test in the last two years, you're eligible to go and take them now. 

Oh thanks might look into doing my theory soon

17 hours ago, Tigs said:

If you are 19 now and have a current CBT you could just do the A2 test. 

You'd need to get your theory test ((ETA somehow missed the post above! opps!)

Or is your CBT about to run out?

My CBT runs out in a year but I was just wanted to know beforehand, might consider doing a theory then

Best to get as much no claims bonus as possible or they are liable to give you a punishing insurance quote. I would leave it until near the time that both your CBT and Insurance are due to run out or expire. And try not to claim in the meantime. Once you have your A2 then you can carry on riding your 125 while saving up for a bigger bike. Having both a full license and at least 2 years NCB is actually quite a big deal as far as insurance goes. the more complete years the better.

21 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Best to get as much no claims bonus as possible or they are liable to give you a punishing insurance quote. I would leave it until near the time that both your CBT and Insurance are due to run out or expire. And try not to claim in the meantime. Once you have your A2 then you can carry on riding your 125 while saving up for a bigger bike. Having both a full license and at least 2 years NCB is actually quite a big deal as far as insurance goes. the more complete years the better.

Yeah I wasnt planning on instantly upgrading, I just wanted to  have a semi full license that doesnt expire, etc

Edited by jrayfield21
  • Like 1

Really random idea, if your good enough. Not being rude.

Do you theory, book yourself a mod1 for a 125 A1? 

You can ride your own bike to the test center do the test. 

Then you have to do MOD2 same story but £75

Then you can ride a 125cc for life.  You also start your 2 years on double points on a nine that's harder to speed on and loose your L plates.

Pass first time and it's cheaper than 2nd CBT

You also know what your letting yourself in for on your big bike tests.

It's the same year different bike, and possibly harder on 125cc.

• Like 1