Bikes for tall riders?

Joe.k

Hi All,

Looking to get a new bike when I do my A licence in a few weeks, currently on an ER6-N and feel very cramped on it as I'm 6'4. 

I'm 23 and ideally I'd like a naked or a sports bike, does anyone have experience with these bikes at my height and have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Joe

You’re gonna feel cramped on any sports bike. 

You can get rear sets that are adjustable to get the pegs a bit lower and further forward, but then you run the risk of ground the pegs. 

I couldn’t say about any naked bike as they’ve never been on my radar. 

For naked bikes I would suggest you try a Suzuki GSX1400 or XJR1300 as well as the sublime ZRX1200 I am 6ft and feel I have plenty of room on the Kawasaki but I did feel the Suzuki was a bit tall and wide.

Cheers

Ian

• 1 month later...

Are you dead set on a sports or naked bike. I would look at an adventure bike - no not a GS but KTM, BMW Ducati make upright bikes that will be as fast as ANY bike on the road. Big guys look silly on sports bikes but an adventure bike will give you loads of room (think sports bike on stilts).

I've the small engined (950cc) multistrada and I'm not small. It's not slow and it's very comfy especially with the addition of a gel seat pad. I've had it from new and done just over 26k on it. It's been totally reliable and I love it.

+1 for adventure bike I have the new Tiger 1200 GT and it1s surprising how good it can be in the twisties and in the right hands it will give almost anything a run for their money.

I am over 6ft and it`s definetely tall and comfortable enough.

Cheers

Ian

seat height on mine is 35.4" one of the.. if not the tallest 1000cc road bikes you can buy.

but seat height isn't everything, some men who are taller than average don't need a higher seat.. it can easily be the reach to the bars that is problematic. But that can be fixed just like any issue.

but sadly I think answering this thread is a waste of time. the OP has been away from the forum for almost 5 weeks. one post and gone.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, V650 said:

Kawasaki Versys 650 is a tall bike 

Same bike that my mate has ..... I'm 6'2" and don't feel at all cramped on it,  pretty comfortable, capable machine