New gear newbie

Morgan100

Fairly new to riding hear and wandering what everyone wears under their gear..? Personally I’m rocking textile trousers over 1 layer like I would normal trousers found it to be more comfortable and just a simple t-shirt under my jacket. Heard some people often layer up? What’s you guys’ preferred stuff to wear under your gear or any neat tips for comfort? 

Depends how cold it is. This time of year I'll have a t-shirt, shirt and fleece under the textiles, and possibly a waterproof shell over them, rather than rely on the drop liner. Keeps the crud off too. Recently picked up a waterproof neck gator, that keeps things warm and dry too. Thin running cap under the helmet all year round.

Several thin layers, it depends on temperatures time of year and weather.  Rain adds another layer on just because it’s cold all times of year.
Everyone has there own choices.  I always aim to have enough layers I need my vents open.
Unless it’s hot then it’s as little as possible. In summer my layering is such that I have to be-careful how much I undress.

• Like 1

In Scotland you would have a t-shirt, a long sleeve shirt, thermal long sleeve then your jacket.

A neck thingy to stop midges getting into the lid.

Trousers would have the inner warm layer.

Because of my arthritis I'll use my knee thermal protection.

Thermal socks.

3 pairs of gloves because you know rain is a matter of time...

In Scotland and Newcastle i thought the law of tshirst only to show up the pansie southerners? 🤭.

This time of year.

textiles- long sleeve top and Heated vest..

leather/denim for mild days- long sleeve, maybe jumper, heated vest.

if colder add a layer.

if no heated vest id have many thermal layers and wished i had on the heated vest..🥶🤭 .

Edited by RideWithStyles

Heated vest here only when it's proper chilly, like close to zero (still nearly 10 here in the pansy south :wink:).

Under the jacket, layers according to taste: shirt, fleece, then a thin windproof layer when winter comes.

Currently on jeans + thermals under but I'll shift to textiles when it gets colder.    

• Like 1

Textile jacket and trousers with the thermal liners in. Warm waterproof gloves, wore Knox zero3 MK2 today. 

Waterproof leather boots. Mine have outlast in them which I think helps. Snood/neck buff to cover the gap between jacket and lid. 

I wear glasses so I use a glasses wipe that has a resin on it that stops them fogging up.

I keep a waterproof oversuit for rainy days in my bag just in case it's hammering down on my hour commute. I have that just as putting on textiles that have absorbed some water earlier in the day isn't nice.