Challenge 2024 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

@Hoggs - not to be ungrateful for all your hard work, but we're missing the red "Challenge2024" tag on this thread and the following threads:

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/topic/50276-challenge-2024-map-and-pictures-only

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/topic/50274-challenge-2024-scores/

It was helpful last year to jump between the different threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone wants to download and use my spreadsheet to keep track of their scores I've shared it here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_d3VioyFfYsOxyyI_HHK7C7ncKV6fuOo

Have left last year's scores in place so you get the idea, but click on 2024 and start filling it in.

Edited by Fiddlesticks
Changed "use" to "download and use" - take a copy for offline use :-)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

All threads have been sorted and the correct tags adding and the links added to the footer of the forum for easy access 

All 2023 tags scores have been reset so if @Bungleaio and @JRH entered their scores you will both need to do it again :thumb: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

All threads have been sorted and the correct tags adding and the links added to the footer of the forum for easy access 

All 2023 tags scores have been reset so if @Bungleaio and @JRH entered their scores you will both need to do it again :thumb: 

Was about to ask you to reset the 2023 scores. 🤣🤭👍

• Like 1

I have also added a GPX file for sat nav's with all the locations 

If you have a garmin device you can load this with garmin's POI loader 

Not sure how other devices would handle it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi @Stu,  Cheers for the GPX file, hopefully this year I  might get it downloaded🤭, as I said before crap on computers. 

And @Hoggs, cheers for the Tag's, The only one which is a problem for me, is Home of Charles Darwin!! It's in the ULEZ zone, and my heap of a bike ain't allowed without paying!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, oldgrump said:

Hi @Stu,  Cheers for the GPX file, hopefully this year I  might get it downloaded🤭, as I said before crap on computers. 

And @Hoggs, cheers for the Tag's, The only one which is a problem for me, is Home of Charles Darwin!! It's in the ULEZ zone, and my heap of a bike ain't allowed without paying!!!!!

oh crap... hang on let me move that tag outside the m25!!!

• Like 5

ANNOUCEMENT

If you end up at Charles Darwin's house points will still be awarded but you can not claim extra for going to Squerryes too! 

image.thumb.png.2a7fbab5a94eb9056185a997007910e3.png

• Thanks 3

Just a couple of questions as I'm new and want to make sure I'm doing it right.

• When posting a photo do I need to geo tag where I'm taking the photo with a google map link?
  • The bonus round, I get it's all things Hog related but does this count? I've interpreted the rules as being a place rather than a thing?

image.thumb.png.4aab85fe31e7739d5a9c05751284aa1b.png

4 minutes ago, Bungleaio said:

Just a couple of questions as I'm new and want to make sure I'm doing it right.

• When posting a photo do I need to geo tag where I'm taking the photo with a google map link?
  • The bonus round, I get it's all things Hog related but does this count? I've interpreted the rules as being a place rather than a thing?

image.thumb.png.4aab85fe31e7739d5a9c05751284aa1b.png

you don't need to geotag just (eg)

East Anglia -  warehouse antiques 

And I'm allowing it because I want people to have fun doing it and not get annoyed about insanity rules.... but ideally it should be an actual place 🤣

• Like 3

Just now, Hoggs said:

you don't need to geotag just (eg)

East Anglia -  warehouse antiques 

And I'm allowing it because I want people to have fun doing it and not get annoyed about insanity rules.... but ideally it should be an actual place 🤣

Thats great thank you. I appreciate the work putting it all together, it looks like a beast of a task!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldgrump said:

https://plateflip.com/

Thank me later :-)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Thx Hoggs - It was a place.... My Hog Museum (Conservatory) !

then we stand corrected 🤣🤣 did you ride there on your bike? 🤪

That was ace.

I was lying in bed trying to sort out pubs and cafes then our local non-league side cancelled today's match. It was then a choice of going out in the drizzle on the bike or having an afternoon of romcoms. Drizzle will win every time when that's the alternative.

• Like 3

When anyone does the Deeping Lakes checkpoint, you absolutely have to get your fish and chips from Linfords Traditional Fish & Chips, 6 Market Pl, Market Deeping, Peterborough PE6 8EA - www.linfordsfishandchips.co.uk

I've called in twice while out and about and it was a stunningly great bit of fish both times.

• Like 3