Challenge 2024 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

32 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

What did you do? go through just eat until you found the place you wanted?

Well, there is no way that I spent two days Googling perms of phrases with millions, billions and trillions in them. No sirree, not a hope that is what I did. 

*because infinity isn’t a number

2 hours ago, Hoggs said:

confirmed! no infinitiesiesies allowed! 

Oh FFS .. I’d planned to get that one !!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Oh FFS .. I’d planned to get that one !!

soz, I only thought about it a few days after I'd posted up the rules. 

4 hours ago, Hoggs said:

OK guys looks like challenge closed Mawsley is victorious 

Screenshot_20240106_173723_Chrome.thumb.jpg.863800c9a99e2563ce28b710af5694de.jpg

Until someone finds a number bigger !!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Ian

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Just checking that we can use 'Three' as well as '3' (I am slightly OCD).

👍

I will accept numbers in written, Arabic and roman formats! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2024 at 16:15, Hoggs said:

I will accept numbers in written, Arabic and roman formats! 

Remember any number can be made bigger by adding a half to it. So infinity and a half, is bigger than infinity.

@Hoggs Struggling with my list of numbers up here locally. I'm normally an ask for forgiveness sort of guy (even I thought I was pushing it with the insect tag last year), but for once I'm going to ask permission! so here goes ..........

If a pub or café has the number written in the name does it count?

For example café Sixty SIX defiantly has 6 in the name 🤩

Edited by teo63

28 minutes ago, teo63 said:

@Hoggs Struggling with my list of numbers up here locally. I'm normally a forgiveness sort of guy (even I thought I was pushing it with the insect tag last year), but for once I'm going to ask permission! so here goes ..........

Oops. I threw a similar curveball for my Six.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoggs said:

@teo63 @Fiddlesticks yeah be creative! I want people to have fun and I know out in the sticks it can get tricky so as long as an effort is made I'm down with it 😎

Creative! I like the sound of that. Wait until you see what I have pencilled in for No.1,  it may need some explication 🤯

Betting Bbc GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh no! I've just realised that the owners of the. Grand Million* have spelled their name wrong!

They've gone and written the Grand Millon.

(I'll just take the grand.)

*Turns out my logic was not as inarguable as I thought 😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Oh no! I've just realised that the owners of the. Grand Million* have spelled their name wrong!

They've gone and written the Grand Millon.

(I'll just take the grand.)

*Turns out my logic was not as inarguable as I thought 😢

Screenshot_20240203_172052_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6b244e90e7c9285ef4532eeb2302f87f.jpgevery days a learning day 

1 minute ago, Hoggs said:

Screenshot_20240203_172052_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6b244e90e7c9285ef4532eeb2302f87f.jpgevery days a learning day 

Good to know 👍

Had it been a Spanish restaurant I might have blagged millón being the translation for million....

• Haha 1

Don't know how to post photos from my phone but got the tag at the Half Moon Cafe in Heysham and now on the Isle of Man to do the tags here. Surprised to be the only biker on the ferry and goodness knows how they deal with thousands arriving for the TT as they could barely cope with just me. They queued all the cars up first and were surprised when there was no space for me to go to the head of the queue. The bike was tied to a railing for the trip. No tie down points like Cal Mac ferries or the NI one. It's as if the staff had never seen a motorbike before.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

Don't know how to post photos from my phone but got the tag at the Half Moon Cafe in Heysham and now on the Isle of Man to do the tags here. Surprised to be the only biker on the ferry and goodness knows how they deal with thousands arriving for the TT as they could barely cope with just me. They queued all the cars up first and were surprised when there was no space for me to go to the head of the queue. The bike was tied to a railing for the trip. No tie down points like Cal Mac ferries or the NI one. It's as if the staff had never seen a motorbike before.

That's how they did it when we went over. We left the bike in gear on the side stand with the front brake strapped up for good measure. There were one or two bikes in a special cradle - I guess they paid extra.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2024 at 14:50, teo63 said:

@Hoggs Struggling with my list of numbers up here locally. I'm normally an ask for forgiveness sort of guy (even I thought I was pushing it with the insect tag last year), but for once I'm going to ask permission! so here goes ..........

Does that mean the Cafe Bar Two Six I found by accident can be used as either a two or a six? Then I get tactical and see which number makes more sense to use.

6 hours ago, Throttled said:

Does that mean the Cafe Bar Two Six I found by accident can be used as either a two or a six? Then I get tactical and see which number makes more sense to use.

Sure 🍻

• Like 3

On 05/02/2024 at 23:18, Hoggs said:

oh man that means I'll need to do new ones next year 😔🤣

Happy to give you six easy suggestions;

Traditional Manx Cottage, Cranstal Rd, IOM, 9JRF+59

IOM Motor Museum, Jurby, IOM, 9F5H+R5

The footbridge at the Bungalow, A18, 7G2P+JP2

Cafe Bar Two Six, Airport Way, Derbyhaven, Ballasalla, IOM, 39MP+6J

Peel Castle, West Quay, Peel, IOM 68G2+CM

Murray's Motorcycle Museum, Main Road, IM4 1EN, IOM

• Thanks 1