cdi

wbailey22

my jsm has a rev limiter, it tops out at 6k 

not to sound rude but we as riders know that we aren’t always following the law on the roads 

especially when on a 250+, please don’t reply to this saying it’s illegal to derestrict a 50 in the uk, i’ve been told many many times 😅

my bike does 40 at the moment ( geared not a ped) 

is there certain cdi replacements to get? have tried 3; 1 didn’t work at all, one made the bike ‘boggy’ and the other i made a mistake and got an ac when my bike requires a dc. Or do i have someone try to map one for me ? 

just curious as have a mate that’s on an aprillia rs4 50 and despite the obvious difference in style and of course manufacturer, his bike can top out at 12k revs ( still limited however because his bike is capable of 13) 

sitting behind him is getting boring 

just want to get to the bottom of it 🤞🏻

( the photos are of my bike if for whatever reason it helps, not the moped 😂

stay safe riders 🙌🏽

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1273.jpeg

You need a L plate on the back aswell 🫥.

Ok i wont 🙄 but seeing as you listen but choose to ignore advice that is solid from others ill state some more so there is no excuse of "i didnt kno guv".

Reason its stupid (especially for road use) and economically pointless to put it bluntly,
40 is still good and more than enough for a road 2stk 50 to get yourself or someone else killed with.

there is a good reason its restricted to 6k,for its 2stroke power its already pumping out more than its 4stks equivalent plus ull be spending a fortune in rebuilding than riding it, if you dont crash it first.
Its been designed for this state of tune in mind and you just slapping a part or two will just damage or destroy something else within the engine.
Even if it didn't pop after a short while, It will be unbearable at that rev limit with the noise if you were trying to get anything worth while out of modding which apart from doing your own hearing loss, annoying every body unnecessarily with everybody view you as a inconsiderate yob.

If you was to do this as "off road"on a track fair enough but on a public highway which you restrict yourself and financially a money pit with these mods , drawing attention to your illegal acts.

will void insurance if not listed on the policy black listings you for years if bothered to actually try and get one through hook or crook.
courts (if you really fook up) take a real dim view of this type of stupidity when you have voided it even if your lucky to not harm or kill someone.

really the bottom of it is go for a bigger bike legally, go through the system properly like everybody else in your position or go on track to get your kicks.

If you want other advice, hanging your lid off the handle bar/mirror is mank enough but to put it on the foot peg isnt a good idea, it disgusting as all the road grime and so forth are now in your lid, on your face and hair also the pegs dig and gudgue out the inside lining and epf.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1

Adding to what @RideWithStyles is saying, which I fully agree with.

This reminds me of those people who buy a small car and then try to turn it into a race multimillion supercar.

It will still be shaite, a endless waste of money and stupidly illegal to go on the road.

Does nothing more than noise at low speed and annoying to everybody in a 3 miles radius.

Just a thought

Why not get a 125 that will do 60 from factory?

And get the phoking L plate for the rear 😤😤😤

• Like 2

Thanks Husoi, yea he is correct too before given him or me any grief. 

wife 125 four stoke with just a measly 8bhp from the 14 bhp legally allowed could hit 60 on the limiter on the flat easy with stock set up and gearing. just a rear sprocket gave 70-75 is easy on the flat with still enough rev room for down hill momentum gains, thats still more than enough for traffic with low skill.

sometimes its not what you ride, its how you ride it that matters...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

You need a L plate on the back aswell 🫥.

Ok i wont 🙄 but seeing as you listen but choose to ignore advice that is solid from others ill state some more so there is no excuse of "i didnt kno guv".

Reason its stupid (especially for road use) and economically pointless to put it bluntly,
40 is still good and more than enough for a road 2stk 50 to get yourself or someone else killed with.

there is a good reason its restricted to 6k,for its 2stroke power its already pumping out more than its 4stks equivalent plus ull be spending a fortune in rebuilding than riding it, if you dont crash it first.
Its been designed for this state of tune in mind and you just slapping a part or two will just damage or destroy something else within the engine.
Even if it didn't pop after a short while, It will be unbearable at that rev limit with the noise if you were trying to get anything worth while out of modding which apart from doing your own hearing loss, annoying every body unnecessarily with everybody view you as a inconsiderate yob.

If you was to do this as "off road"on a track fair enough but on a public highway which you restrict yourself and financially a money pit with these mods , drawing attention to your illegal acts.

will void insurance if not listed on the policy black listings you for years if bothered to actually try and get one through hook or crook.
courts (if you really fook up) take a real dim view of this type of stupidity when you have voided it even if your lucky to not harm or kill someone.

really the bottom of it is go for a bigger bike legally, go through the system properly like everybody else in your position or go on track to get your kicks.

If you want other advice, hanging your lid off the handle bar/mirror is mank enough but to put it on the foot peg isnt a good idea, it disgusting as all the road grime and so forth are now in your lid, on your face and hair also the pegs dig and gudgue out the inside lining and epf.

Don't hold back or anything! I agree totally though but couldn't be arsed to write it as I suspect OP will just ignore everything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Everyone’s advice is correct of course. But you can’t blame the lad for wanting to improve his bike. Like the young lads with souped up Corsas. Fair play to them for personalising their vehicles I say … we can all too easily forget we were young once!

4 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

Everyone’s advice is correct of course. But you can’t blame the lad for wanting to improve his bike. Like the young lads with souped up Corsas. Fair play to them for personalising their vehicles I say … we can all too easily forget we were young once!

I wasn't 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Davidtav said:

i still am at heart and in childish trains of thought even before alcohol induced but that is still different to idiotic and just plain reckless.

There is of course "improvements" which only effects them or at worse a eye sore for a short period other than the neighbours but then there is idiotic options that can have great impacts to others if when more likely it goes pete tong.

that certainly shouldn't be advised nor encouraged on the highway which is what i pointed out. On his own private land or a hired track time to their rules where the risk to others is lower go fill your boots.

Dont think the bike needs improving, just the persons aspect ... reasoning see different font.

On 03/01/2024 at 00:00, wbailey22 said:

my jsm has a rev limiter, it tops out at 6k 

not to sound rude but we as riders know that we aren’t always following the law on the roads 

especially when on a 250+, please don’t reply to this saying it’s illegal to derestrict a 50 in the uk, i’ve been told many many times 😅

my bike does 40 at the moment  

stay safe riders 🙌🏽

Also pointed out a larger engine bike just would make more sense so this isnt any particular dig.

14 hours ago, Bender said:

I wasn't 

Luckily he didn't say Regression humour neither. 🤭😉. 👍🏽

• Haha 1