So, which intercom thingy should I buy?

I use Spotify and can double click and single click front button to change songs. Fwd &  backwards.

To change playlist I use Google. Bottom button if I recall.

Downside of pack talk is there are various death grips you need to learn to use the functions.  Or try the voice control, although in intercom mode it can get confused with your talking and do random things.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, onesea said:

I use Spotify and can double click and single click front button to change songs. Fwd &  backwards.

To change playlist I use Google. Bottom button if I recall.

Downside of pack talk is there are various death grips you need to learn to use the functions.  Or try the voice control, although in intercom mode it can get confused with your talking and do random things.

I managed to get to grips with a couple of "hey Cardo" commands, including speed dial, it's just if I stop music, I can't start it again. 

I'm just whinging about little things of course. 

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I have tinnitus so always wear earplugs. What sort of system would work that would enable me to hear satnav directions but also block out wind noise?

We use the Fodsports FX2 (read "cheap") with earplugs. No issues.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I have tinnitus so always wear earplugs. What sort of system would work that would enable me to hear satnav directions but also block out wind noise?

I wear earplugs and can hear my wife nagging talking at silly speeds with my cardo packtalk bold 

Apparently the cardo edge is 30% louder too! 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I have the Cardo Edge, and have screaming tinnitus. 

I connect the Cardo to the satnav, then my phone to the satnav, all works very nicely, with, or without earplugs. I usually get halfway down the road and realise that I forgot to put them in. 

Music and calls via the satnav, through the Cardo is superbly clear, even with ear plugs. 

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Like 2

I popped into J&S and bought a Cardo Spirit HD. It seems to work fine with my usual Eggz earplugs. 

The guy fitted it to my lid whilst I was there which was handy. 

I really only need to hear satnav directions.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

Just realised, whilst trying to be helpful, I've commented on my own thread 🤣

Talking to yourself, that's one of the first signs isn't it? 🤪

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Talking to yourself, that's one of the first signs isn't it? 🤪

I find that at least when I'm talking to myself I can have a sensible conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I use an Interphone system, very happy with it. I always wear ear-plugs so have no idea what the system is like without them.

When I say ear-plugs, I actually use 'Boots Soft Silicone Earplugs'. They are perfect for me, easy to mould for a tailored-fit.

Edited by thunderb0lt
  • Like 2

The girlfriend and I use a freedcon system, el cheapo from the likes of amazon or ali express.  Works really well, and when I'm on my own I just use it as a bluetooth headset for phone calls, listening to music etc

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thunderb0lt said:

I use an Interphone system, very happy with it. I always wear ear-plugs so have no idea what the system is like without them.

When I say ear-plugs, I actually use 'Boots Soft Silicone Earplugs'. They are perfect for me, easy to mould for a tailored-fit.

I used to use those earplugs when out in the lorry, they are the best value for total block out of sound. Took me back to overnighting at truck stops that did.

57 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

I used to use those earplugs when out in the lorry, they are the best value for total block out of sound. Took me back to overnighting at truck stops that did.

Never used them for their designed use, ie, sleeping 🙂. On the bike they don't block sound out completely. They definitely dampen helmet noise significantly but I still hear what I should hear when riding and the intercom is clear.

On 29/03/2024 at 03:02, S-Westerly said:

I find that at least when I'm talking to myself I can have a sensible conversation. 

id start worrying when you have an augment with yourself and lose...🤭

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

id start worrying when you have an augment with yourself and lose...🤭

Happens all the time mate. That's why I got the new bike. I said I shouldn't but other me said go for it. So I did. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4