All garden machines started first go...

Simon Davey

Before winter set in, I put some Screwfix fuel stabiliser in the cans I have for my garden machinery. 

Apart from one machine, I always have trouble getting them all going again, even if I try running them a couple of times during the winter. 

Not this season though! 

My two stroke line trimmer and my brush cutter both started second pull. 

Push along mower first press of the button, and my skanky old ride on mower only took  a few seconds turning over to start. 

Even the pressure washer started first pull. 

I'll definitely be doing the same again next winter. 

We don't have some posh estate, just a little farm, but boy does it need cutting and trimming all through the spring. 

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Like 9

If you can't get a fuel stabiliser,  get Aspen, it never goes off and doesn't produce water in tanks, will save yourself a fortune, but glad you had everything come through working Simon, 

• Thanks 2

The only problem I have with fuel stabilisers is l don't know when I'm going to take the thing off the road. I ride up to the point of being too cold and the roads being salted. That varies from year to year and I seem to fuel up on the way back in after going out so it's ready to go straight out on.

Started my lawnmower (Honda) on 2nd pull today which is usual no matter when I go to start it. It's an absolute workhorse, belonged to my Father-in-law when he had a landscaping company so is complete overkill for my needs.

As for my Stihl strimmer I just didn't have the energy today to try and get that bast*rd started:lol:

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

Is that for planting? 

The only gardening I know is cutting, trimming, mowing and tree chopping. 

It is for putting holes in the lawn, the four spines are hollow. Hopefully it will help with drainage as it gets a lot of moss. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It is for putting holes in the lawn, the four spines are hollow. Hopefully it will help with drainage as it gets a lot of moss. 

Ooooh, that's a thankless task.

I know, the wife complains about it every year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2