Performance mods on my bike….

Troy

Hi all!!

I’m looking to modify my CBR from stock. The only modification it’s got is a Scorpion Exhaust, but not a full system. It’s a 2017 model and won’t be used for track days much, it’s only really used as a weekend toy.

I haven’t got a clue where to begin since it’s my first rodeo. I’d like to increase the torque without sacrificing top speed if possible. I’m sure the list is almost endless of things you could suggest so lay it all out but in simple terms if possible.

You may wonder what’s the point if it won’t be used on the track…. Well, I want to do it just because it’s mine and I want to make it more personalised for my taste. It’s a solid machine as it is, I just want to try and make it better and add to it. 

and no, I won’t be buying a bigger bike instead… I’m really happy with my 600, hence why I’m trying to add to it 😁

10 minutes ago, jr71 said:

insurance company are going to love you.

Always 👍🏻

Well unless your looking at getting the bike on a diet and loosing weight probably start with a power commander cause anything serious mods wise is going to need a state of tune to go with it, changing a filter isn't really going to add anything noticeable.

How much you want to spend, turbo would be noticeable, supercharger available for the 1000 don't know about the 600.

• Like 2

Also you may want to spend some money on tyres and handling, suspension, brakes. So you are at least getting the best you can from what you have.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Strapping a JATO bottle to the back of your bike will give a useful increase in top end speed.

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bender said:

Well unless your looking at getting the bike on a diet and loosing weight probably start with a power commander cause anything serious mods wise is going to need a state of tune to go with it, changing a filter isn't really going to add anything noticeable.

How much you want to spend, turbo would be noticeable, supercharger available for the 1000 don't know about the 600.

pardon my ignorance… is a power commander just a device that mimics a remap? 

I don’t think I’ll remove parts so much but I’ll happily look at replacing them with lighter weight materials such as carbon wheels

Edited by Troy

My thoughts would be to get the suspension upgraded/setup and give it some better braking. If you can corner and brake harder then the others, then you'll outpace the others.

• Like 3

I'd be looking at suspension too. It's where manufacturers usually cut costs on mid range bikes.

If you're going to go faster then I suggest a few mods on yourself to prevent a power wobble. The best solution I've found is plenty of pies in you diet as heavier rider reduces the tendency for high speed wobble.

At least that's my excuse.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2024 at 10:10, Troy said:

pardon my ignorance… is a power commander just a device that mimics a remap? 

I don’t think I’ll remove parts so much but I’ll happily look at replacing them with lighter weight materials such as carbon wheels

ye

Edited by RideWithStyles

Posted (edited)

I realise this ain’t what you’re after, but Tail tidies are probably the most cost effective enhancement a bike can have.

Get a tail tidy.

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1